Guidelines for posting "testimonials"

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Guidelines for posting "testimonials"

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm

(note: these guidelines more or less cross posted to the main no s diet forum -- if you've read that, you don't need to read this)

I'm having trouble keeping the testimonials page up to date -- so I thought maybe it's time to create a forum for people to post (and update!) their own testimonials directly.

Just start a new discussion for yourself and update it periodically or whenever you have some new major milestone to report. You can name it whatever you want, though it might be helpful to stick some salient facts in the title like gender, time on the diet, pounds lost (or not -- don't stress). You can edit or delete whatever you post, including the discussion title.

I love the enthusiasm which people tend to have starting out on no-s, but testimonials are most meaningful when you've got a few months and some satisfying results under your belt. So a rough guideline for whether you're ready to post a testimonial is "the rule of 10": you've been on the diet 10 months OR lost 10 pounds OR 10% of your starting weight -- same deal as the old, static page (which I'll keep up and update sporadically). And if you love no-s so much that you feel compelled to write a testimonial even though you don't yet meet any of these quantitative criteria -- go ahead, I promise you no one's going to hold it against you. :-)

In terms of "update frequency," I wouldn't do it more frequently than every few months. The daily check in thread is better for finer granularity of updates -- this is more like "yearly check in." But again, do as the spirit moves you :-) And while updates are very welcome -- they're certainly not required. I value whatever you find the time and energy to share with us here.

On the other hand, don't be shy about updating your testimonial simply because your results haven't changed in a while. Remember: Maintenance is more important that progress. The mere fact that you're still with it after another 6 months or year IS news -- the most important kind of news. The inability to maintain is THE problem most of us have had in terms of diet, pre-nos.

Thanks in advance to all those who post to this new forum -- and to all those who have posted testimonials in the past. Double thanks to old timers who have already shared their stories and provide new updates here.

Reinhard

finallyfree

four month check-in

Post by finallyfree » Sat May 02, 2009 12:03 pm

After four months, I am 14 pounds down and counting!
I am a 49-year old 5'4" female who has struggled with weight issues since high school. Back then, thanks to the media, I thought I was overweight at 115 pounds! Over the years, through two pregnancies, I've gone up and down on MANY diets, all with one thing in common: obsession with eating. What should I eat, when, where, how much?? AM I hungry? Am I just bored? Why do I think about food so much? And on and on.
Not any more. No S Diet has literally freed me from all that. Eating (or not eating) is no longer my primary occupation. 14 pounds from a starting weight of 168 doesn't sound like much, but losing it on NoS has been so rewarding and easy. THANK YOU, Reinhard!
Today is Saturday, I have a party tonight, and I will eat like a normal healthy person, whatever is served, plus maybe a small dessert. And I will probably still be satisfied with the scale on Monday.
14 pounds... not a lot, but this is the sanest diet I've ever done.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Finallyfree,

I think 14 pounds in 4 months sounds pretty great -- congratulations and thank you for letting us know!

And this makes me even happier to read:
.... obsession with eating. ... No S Diet has literally freed me from all that. Eating (or not eating) is no longer my primary occupation.
Reinhard

Just do it

Re: Guidelines for posting "testimonials"

Post by Just do it » Thu May 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi, new here. I tried the NoS two years ago and lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks, combined with running and some weight lifting. I have since gained the 12 pounds back by "not NoSing" due to a injured achilles and bad eating. I am now healed and ready to run again and want to return to NoS. I know I can do this, I am just discouraged about starting over to lose the weight I lost. Should I start today which is a Thursday and I've already had a coke and small chocolate after lunch? Should I wait until after this Memorial Day Weekend?

Thoughts? Anyone else start/stop? I have tried Advocare, low carb, low calorie, macros, WW, nothing worked for long term. NoS was the only way! [/quote]

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi Just do it,

Sorry I didn't see this till now -- I think you'll get more eyeballs on it if you re-post it in the general discussion area:

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=3

In the meantime, my advice is start ASAP! No reason to wait. Get a nice Friday in tomorrow to test the waters before the long weekend.

Reinahrd