Fad Diet Article (:

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jen1974

Fad Diet Article (:

Post by Jen1974 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:54 pm

LOVE this article on the BS that is dieting (: Love the No S way which DOES NOT feel like a diet at all but a way of life. Too bad so many are drawn to the false promises of fad diet!!

http://www.scarymommy.com/fad-dieting-i ... _source=FB

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:04 am

I was having a conversation yesterday with some people who are into health and stuff; wheat grass juice, etc. One woman was all enthused about how her husband had lost 70 lbs. on Isagenix and was telling another person about the whole program, etc. I asked how long ago he had done the program: two years. Did he keep the weight off? No, this had happened and that had happened and he had gained it all back and was now on WW.

I could tell in the situation that it would be interpreted as confronting and impolite for me to point out to the little group that I have slowly lost and sustained 45 lbs. without spending more than the price of the book, or at least if I did, I couldn't blame it on Reinhard. That any program that doesn't actually help you get more at peace with eating less is not a success.

I have never said that diets aren't good for curing real ailments because I believe they are, but for weight loss, only the exceptions need the exceptional.

All commercialized diets work for someone. What's amazing to me is that no matter how many of them there have been, the ratio of success doesn't change much if at all.

I don't even say that No S will "work" for everyone or that it isn't possible to relapse on it, because there are facts in evidence to the contrary. But for a reasonable way to manage food for the average overeater, a way that undercuts the reasons most people don't stick with changes long term, it's vastly superior to you-know-what.

Right, choir?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 am

Thanks for sharing! It's so true.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 am

oolala53 wrote:I was having a conversation yesterday with some people who are into health and stuff; wheat grass juice, etc. One woman was all enthused about how her husband had lost 70 lbs. on Isagenix and was telling another person about the whole program, etc. I asked how long ago he had done the program: two years. Did he keep the weight off? No, this had happened and that had happened and he had gained it all back and was now on WW.
I don't get being enthused about weight-loss that doesn't "stick!"
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:39 pm

Because people don't see diets as a way to change their eating permanently... until they realize that's what they really need to do, no matter what the situation, so they'd better choose to eat so that it can fit in to most situations. Or, if they are really in trouble healthwise, they'd better make the hard choices no matter what. But it's so easy to pop food in the mouth...
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Wendy's article did not enthuse me. Sorry. :lol:
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79