MoreTeaMimi's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MoreTeaMimi

MoreTeaMimi's daily check in

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Hello all. I've gone from yesterday, feeling miserable about my appearance and gluttony, to an overwhelming feeling of positivity. I read about this way of eating elsewhere on line and it seemed to fit me immediately. I know snacking is my downfall, not helped by the fact that I run the family restaurant, and am surrounded by delicious lovelies at all time! I am going away for a long weekend, which will heavily feature wine and nibbles, but I'd rather start now, and recover from the weekend, than to wait until I'm back. I have a lot of weight to lose, and every day counts.

So for my first day: Crumpets with lime curd for breakfast, a cheese and ham sarnie for lunch, and I've not yet had dinner, but I think I'll go for a baked haddock salad. I've stuck to tea or americano coffee, as I'm prone to choosing a cappuccino too often otherwise. I know that's ok, but when you have them on tap I'm not sure its a good idea!

The day started with a 3 mile walk with the dog. I hate the days I start work early and I don't get to take her, especially when its quiet and I move less in work.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 am

Hi there, welcome to No-S! It must be so challenging to be around food all day. It sounds like you've gotten off to a good start!

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Success - ish. All day was great, toast for brekkie, a toastie for lunch (I am aware I rely too much on bread) and duck with veg for dinner. The only blip has been that chef asked me to try the sticky toffee pudding. It was only a tiny piece, so I'm not going to kick myself about it, but am happy to report that it was lovely and I'm happy to sell it. It would be very easy to have a bigger piece, but I can say no.

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Success - a straight three meals today. Granted, lunch was bigger than I would usually have, but at dinner I didn't even feel a pang saying no to the cheesecake my mother in law brought round. The scales show a loss already, but I don't dare hope that that's more than normal variation. Well, I'm hoping, but you knowwhat I mean.

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:40 am

SUCCESS. A great Thursday, good choices all round, and two lovely dog walks to round it off.

Traci0829

Post by Traci0829 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:15 am

Congrats on a great start!!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:27 am

Well done!

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Back to business after a long weekend of fun and Christmas movies! It was seriously the most strange weekend though. Apart from wine, of which I partook freely, I was most restrained. I ended up bringing back the mince pies which I'd bought thinking I'd eat the lot. I just didn't feel like eating fur the sake of it. My dad is now in possession of them, and I have had a great success day to get back into the swing of it. I haven't gone on the scales yet, but have high hopes for this diet on the long term.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 am

Well done! Great that you are already toning down the weekend and getting back for your first N day success after a weekend is an amazing feeling
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:56 pm

I think today is a success. I had a delicious breakfast of porridge with grated apple and cinnamon, but then got so wrapped up in the christmas decorations, and cleaning up afterwards, I forgot to have lunch. To be fair, I wasn't at all hungry. I got to work at 5 and had a fabulous dinner of apricot stuffed chicken with mash, and am pleasantly full now. Extra points for not having any of the sweeties that the girls have littering the place!

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:42 am

Congrats, Mimi! I agree, sounds like a successful day.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm

:lol: I love that your Dad is now 'in possession' of the mince pies! That's one solution!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Well, I've not been updating, but have had a successful week. I am however, absolutely wiped out after this week, and feel like I deserve a medal for the rstraint I've shown. I cannot wait until tomorrow so I can enjoy 1 or 10 mini stollen bites without guilt. Roll on S day fun. PLus I get a lie in, which will help!

MoreTeaMimi

Post by MoreTeaMimi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:05 pm

So my weekend was full of mini stollen, and not much good stuff. I actually felt rubbish for it, and didn't get to allow myself to feel ok about my choices. I was very stressed and nothing was going well for me, but this week is ok so far. Yesterday was a big birthday for my mum, so in addition to the main meal, there was bread, olives and cake. I did hold off on the wine though, so that was good. Back on track today, ready fpor a good week. It is our staff party on Friday night, and I'm on holiday next week, so if I can maintain until after Christmas I'll be happy.

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:15 am

How's it going, Mimi? Hope you're maintaining as you wanted to. We're rooting for you!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation