Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluebell's check in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluebell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday and today, success. I baked some cookies today and managed to avoid putting any in my mouth! On the down side I did have a plate full of veggie pizza for my dinner, it really should have been half a plate of pizza and half salad. Sigh. My willpower deserted me.
Have been maintaining my 28lb loss without any real feeling of hardship so that is a huge positive.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well despite the pizza and my time of the month, I have dropped another pound. Today was success.
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think resisting fresh baked cookies called for an extra slice of veggie pizza! Very Happy
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resisting eating a freshly baked homemade cookie (or 5) when i’m the one baking them is just way beyond my ability. That’s amazing! Way to go!
Current Weight: 246 (8 November 2017)
Initial Goal Weight: 190
Final Goal Weight: Wherever my weight eventually settles on No S.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SpiritSong and Crystal Smile
By the way Crystal I love how you have your eventual goal as 'Wherever my weight eventually settles on No S.' Such a sensible approach, and exactly how things are working out for me. I wish you luck on your NoS journey.
jenji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28 lbs lost while maintaining a friendly relationship with food and with you body is a great achievement! Cheers!
Current weight 177#, BMI 27.7 - 11/16/2017
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jenji, thanks for your kind comment. It may interest you to know that my stats are/were similar to yours, I am 42, 5 foot 6" and started out weighing 190 pounds last September. I am now 161 pounds, I just dropped another pound so 29lbs in total. Although it took me around 10 months to lose the majority of that weight, and although I am still officially overweight with a bmi of 26, I have never been more comfortable with my own body or more accepting of myself, imperfections and all. NoS has done so much for my self esteem, which was completely unexpected.
I wish you much success on your NoS journey.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, success, just about by the skin of my teeth. End of a busy and stressful half term at the school where I work, also a stressful time with my husband's health, also I am brewing a head cold, also I just felt really really hungry before dinner. Managed to wait, ate a large plateful of curry, had a large glass of wine and felt much better! I had oolala's wise words in my head, she has never regretted staying green, but has always regretted going red, or something like that! (Apologies oolala for misquoting you but that was the general gist of it). I really am pleased I stayed strong.
Gracie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebell, this thread is beyond motivating. It's taken me a few days, but I've finally read everything (phew!).

I'm honestly so impressed with your willpower and determination! In spite of the hardships and obstacles that have been thrown your way, you've knocked off almost 30 pounds. That is no small feat, if I do say so myself! You have my deepest admiration. Smile

Also, I'm sending positive thoughts and love to your family as you support your husband through this difficult time. Hope he's doing well today.

Keep up the awesome work!

xx
CW (11/6): 113#
GW: 105#
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Gracie I really appreciate your kind words, it is humbling to know that you've read through my whole thread and found it helpful. My main motivation over the months has been knowing that any other alternative will lead to failure and self loathing. I have found that the benefits of NoS have happened so gradually that I've almost not noticed it, a kind of drip drip effect that has culminated in a huge positive. Keep on keeping on is the main piece of advice I can give! I wish you success on your NoS journey. Smile
jenji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebell wrote:
Hi jenji, thanks for your kind comment. It may interest you to know that my stats are/were similar to yours, I am 42, 5 foot 6" and started out weighing 190 pounds last September. I am now 161 pounds, I just dropped another pound so 29lbs in total. Although it took me around 10 months to lose the majority of that weight, and although I am still officially overweight with a bmi of 26, I have never been more comfortable with my own body or more accepting of myself, imperfections and all. NoS has done so much for my self esteem, which was completely unexpected.
I wish you much success on your NoS journey.

That is very motivating to me, thank you!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont Know if it was just me, but I couldn't connect to this website over the weekend, which left me feeling surprisingly bereft!
Anyway, I stuck to 3 meals with some treats over the weekend. It is half term here in the Uk so I will be at home with my boys for the week. Thursday I have planned as a special day, I will be celebrating my birthday early as my husband will be away for the actual day (29th). Apart from that I aim to stay on plan.
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, wasn't just you. So glad to have the site back! Very Happy
Bluebell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK thanks SpiritSong, yes me too! I didn't realise how much I rely on jotting down my thoughts here, until I couldn't!
Today, success. Had a lovely day at a pottery course today, very very rare for me to spend a whole day away from the family doing something just for me. Lunch was provided and was a large plate of ploughmans, bread cheese ham salad etc. I left some of the bread as there was so much. Cake was provided but I declined! I baked brownies as well when I got home and managed to resist the offcuts. Am saving some for Thursday when I am planning a special day.
Larkspur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good job with the offcuts (perfect term for those crunchy bits on the end that somehow seem harmless until after you've eaten them.)
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larkspur wrote:
Oh, good job with the offcuts (perfect term for those crunchy bits on the end that somehow seem harmless until after you've eaten them.)

Those have calories?!?!?!? Shocked
Bluebell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol SpiritSong Laughing If only I could convince myself they were calorie free!
Had a lovely time with friends today, we went to a coffee shop and I managed to just have a coffee, everyone else had cake, but I didn't feel deprived because I felt like the cappuccino was a treat in itself.
I am still fighting off a head cold. I wish it would just go now.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday- success
Today, a planned S day. My husband and boys wanted to do an early birthday celebration as my husband will be away for my actual birthday. Enjoyed a nice lunch with the in laws, my treat at lunch was a cupcake which I enjoyed. As it so happened I was also out at a friends for dinner, and I took my homemade brownies for dessert. In all honesty I found it very rich and very sweet, and am sitting in bed feeling bloated. It amazes me how much my body has got used to NoS, I can't really cope with eating late in the evening anymore, and certainly not with eating a rich sugary dessert. I enjoyed it at the time but am not enjoying the after effects!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today - success. A beautiful Autumn day, we had a picnic lunch in our camper van and a lovely walk through the woods. So lucky to spend time with the family, just the four of us doing our thing, my husband is away with work for a couple of weeks from tomorrow, so I need to look back and remember the happy times. Picnic lunch was fine, one plate and resisted the cakes, dinner was takeaway curry, delicious and stuck to one plate.
I have been given a box of hand crafted chocolates selected individually, I am going to try and have one or two at the weekends and make them last! I need to hide them from my boys!!
gingerpie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been given a box of hand crafted chocolates selected individually, I am going to try and have one or two at the weekends and make them last! I need to hide them from my boys!!

This reminds me of when I was young. My mother would hide Christmas cookies in the freezer but each of us 5 children would sneak "a few". By the time she would take them out for the holidays there would be nothing left but crumbs and each of us would claim innocence. 😉 Good luck in your endeavours!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story gingerpie! I have eaten a few of the chocolates and managed to keep them to myself!
Far too many Ss this weekend, my birthday celebrations have been lovely but I've had too many opportunities to eat drink and be merry! I am not going anywhere near the scales for a few days, I feel bloated and I know I have gained a pound or two (or three Shocked ) Back to reality tomorrow, which as always will come as a relief.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday and today, success, a late dinner today, I ate around 8.30pm which is late for me but unavoidable due to youngest son's activities. I was Ok, hungry but able to hang on, and had planned ahead and defrosted a meal in advance.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today - success
Larkspur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy late birthday!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Larkspur!
Today - success.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success. A little devil sitting on my shoulder this evening tempting me to rebel. There's chocolates in the cupboard, just a few wouldn't make a difference. You're hungry, have some crisps before dinner. What the hell, its Friday evening, you deserve a treat.
Somewhat troubling that I still have this voice from time to time. But really, I knew I wouldn't give in, I've come so far and its not worth the regret for the short moment of satisfaction.
Tomorrow I will have a few chocolates though, and not feel guilty! That's the beauty of NoS.
SpiritSong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, every success against that little devil makes you stronger! Very Happy
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't strong this weekend! Too many sweets. I need to be strict with my no snacking rule at weekends. I can't cope with free reign. Next weekend I will try and get this back on track.
ironchef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebell wrote:
Somewhat troubling that I still have this voice from time to time.

I’d say it’s very normal to have that little voice. Five years later I still hear it at times (go on, you deserve some, you’ve had a tough day). What is different is that I feel very confident that the little devil is full of crap, and experience tells me I can easily tell her to shut up 🤐 and I will not regret it.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironchef thank you for the reassurance that it is normal. I am still learning that the little devil is full of crap! Actually, I think I do know it, but am still not always ready to believe it fully if that makes sense!
Today, success, out for lunch with my parents and auntie. They know about NoS but still seem surprised when I say no thank you to a starter, dessert, side dishes etc.
I have been thinking about my dad's issues around food, he's a strange one alright! Often complains that there's not enough on his plate, he's being given 'rations', or will find something else not quite right. Today he was complaning that the chips were supposed to be 'hand cut'. I pointed out he had a huge pile of them and they looked pretty delicious. He seems to need something to be unhappy with otherwise he's not happy! Ah well. Parents. I love them to bits but they sure did cause me a lot of issues around food. NoS has helped me unpick so much of it though.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Struggling a bit these last couple of days. I am wanting to rebel in small ways. Picking a few extras when I've almost finished my plate. Craving sweets. I think it may be partly a reaction to the fact that I have reached a weight I am happy with, and have been able to maintain that weight for a couple of months - my old pattern is to go back to all of the bad old habits. Then of course all the weight goes back on and more. I am not going to let this happen, I know it would be madness, and I keep reminding myself that the alternatives to NoS are all miserable. The dieting is miserable, the bingeing is miserable, the constant searching for the next miracle cure is miserable.
So I am hanging on in there through this rough patch, trying to be kind to myself, and focussing on the positives.
Not helping my mindset is the fact that my husband is working away, we have done 14 days and have 4 left. I get very grumpy around this stage when his trips are this long!
Ah well. Rant over. Back to life!
jenji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there! The habits are your friends in keeping steady.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jenji. I am definitely hanging on to the habits, you are so right in saying that they will keep me steady. After more than a year they are fairly well entrenched, but the old urges are still there under the surface. I guess a lifetime of a poor relationship with food isn't going to just disappear.
ironchef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my husband is working and I’m dealing with house and kids on my own I often feel shakier around food. Like I somehow want to “treat myself”. I try to do stuff other than food if I can. 14 days is a lovely ng trip!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ironchef, yes I think it is partly that, also I just tend to get fed up with life when he's been away for a while, and I don't have food to cheer myself up with. Which is crazy because I know that it doesn't actually cheer me up in the long run. Old habits die hard I guess.
Anyway today I pretty much fought the demons, a huge plate of comfort food for dinner but managed to stick to NoS.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today - Fail.
Dinner turned into a binge Sad
Have been fighting it for days now but this evening I allowed myself to give in. I think I probably need to just mark it and move on, not sure much good will come from over analysing and beating myself up.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Struggling. I'm not giving up, but I feel some of my old destructive thought processes trying to return. Have not been in control at all really this weekend. Fresh start tomorrow. My husband is home at least. Just feel quite down about it all.
ironchef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t give up. In times of tiredness and stress our brains love to throw us some old patterns from deep in our habit brain at us. There’s nothing wrong with your willpower or your plan, it’s just that your old habits aren’t smart and they aren’t good at problem solving. They just say “oh, trouble? Ok, what about comfort like this? Like we used to do, huh?”

Glad your husband is home, tomorrow is a new day!
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Blue! I've had sooo many over the top weekends but still managed to lose weight. I know it never feels good though but can't fail on S days. Tomorrow just set that reset button and start fresh.

3/14-210 lbs; 3/15- 202 lbs; 1/16- 172 lbs; 9/17-177 lbs; 11/10- 167.8 lbs

Current weight: 165.4 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
Bluebell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the support and kind words ironchef and ipearlmom, I really do appreciate it. Ironchef that makes so much sense, and has helped me stop being so hard on myself - thank you.
I am feeling better today, back in control again, which feels so much better. I have somehow maintained my weight so that helps too. I am hoping this particular storm in a teacup is over!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today - success
ironchef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!
Larkspur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing so great, Bluebell. Seconding Ironchef's wisdom on the habits.
Bluebell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks guys, that means a lot! Smile
Today - success, with filled plates!
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday and today - success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: