No S Update

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ruthosborn

No S Update

Post by ruthosborn » Wed May 25, 2005 8:28 pm

Hi No S'ers:

Just an update: I'm 2-1/2 weeks in and have lost 2-1/2 pounds, not a lot but in an effortless way. I've eaten real food, croissants twice for breakfast and even more-real food (chocolate cream pie and a French dip on Sat. and churros, yum) on S days. It's great. Discipline during the week and moderate indulgence on weekends, the way life should be. If I can continue to lose a pound a week, I'll be at my goal in 16 weeks!

Hope everyone else is doing well. By the way, the No S way of life really does become ingrained and in a surprisingly short time, which makes me think that it's just the way humans are supposed to eat. All this grazing is for cattle!

Ruth O

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:28 am

Yahooooo Ruth O!
Keep up the great work!
Isn't NOS the be all and end all!? LOL...
Croissants and weight loss? Wow!
I told you all Reinhard needs to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for this!

Peace and Love,
Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 26, 2005 2:01 pm

Thanks for the update, Ruth. I'm happy that No-S just clicks for you as it did for me. The surprise of the too obvious actually working is a wonderful thing!

ruthosborn

Post by ruthosborn » Thu May 26, 2005 8:26 pm

Seriously Reinhart

You need to get this information into a little, spritely book. You've got the beginning of the book on the website, could use testimonials from folks like me and Deb. A little nutrition background and some No S philosophy. This is your window of opportunity right now. People are so sick of all the gimmicks, esp. now coming off the no-carb craze of the past couple years.

I think you're sitting on a little gold mine for yourself.

Ruth O

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu May 26, 2005 8:33 pm

What Ruth said.

Also, please put the Shovelglove movements into the book, along with pictures.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 26, 2005 9:37 pm

Thanks, Ruth, Jan, Deb. I'm flattered you think so. I wish I had the foggiest idea how to go about getting a publisher, but I promise I'll give it another go soon. Might be a good monthly resolution for June or July...