No S on Sirius XM Doctor Radio!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

la_loser

No S on Sirius XM Doctor Radio!

Post by la_loser » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:26 pm

Good morning! I've been absent from the boards for a while and admittedly have been a No S backslider but recently made a new commitment to No S.

Driving to work this morning listening to the Primary Care show on my favorite Sirius XM station, Doctor Radio, I listened as the hosts, as they often do, discussed healthy eating strategies and how this doesn't have to be rocket science so. . . . of course I had to call in and share the No S concept-all thirteen words of it! I got the chance to share it with however many thousands (I'm guessing at the numbers here!) of folks who were listening. Shared the website url and how it worked for Reinhard and he turned it into a real thing.

I hope it stirs up some new followers! And now that I've proclaimed it to the world, I guess I'd better be a role model! So I'm bbbaaaccckkk!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Thank you so much!

And so great to see you here again!

Let us know if there's an archived link to the show, would love to hear it!

Reinhard

la_loser

Doctor Radio link?

Post by la_loser » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

I will see how that can work. I know that as a subscriber I can access the various shows on demand. Also this particular episode will replay again three times this week. Tonight, Wednesday the 1st from 9-11 pm; early Thursday from 3-5 am and Friday afternoon from 3-5. I was on right before the first hour was over. It's on the Primary Care Medicine show with Dr. Marina Kurian. The episode summary says it's all about strokes but that part was in the second hour.

I'll do some checking to see if it can accessed in other ways if you're not a subscriber. I know a few years ago you could buy an episode at a time via iTunes for a couple of bucks.

Just doing my part to make you a Superstar to the rest of the world. (The rest of us already know!) :wink:

Glad to be back!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:47 pm

What fabulous luck! For No S and for the listeners.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:54 pm

That's really cool!

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:18 am

Awesome, and welcome back!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

marcon33

Re: No S on Sirius XM Doctor Radio!

Post by marcon33 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 am

la_loser wrote:Good morning! I've been absent from the boards for a while and admittedly have been a No S backslider but recently made a new commitment to No S.

Driving to work this morning listening to the Primary Care show on my favorite Sirius XM station, Doctor Radio, I listened as the hosts, as they often do, discussed healthy eating strategies and how this doesn't have to be rocket science so. . . . of course I had to call in and share the No S concept-all thirteen words of it! I got the chance to share it with however many thousands (I'm guessing at the numbers here!) of folks who were listening. Shared the website url and how it worked for Reinhard and he turned it into a real thing.

I hope it stirs up some new followers! And now that I've proclaimed it to the world, I guess I'd better be a role model! So I'm bbbaaaccckkk!
I heard you call in and can't thank you enough...gave up eating sweets about a year ago and 15 lbs ago but snacking everyday and eating seconds has been keeping me on a plateau....I am on day two and I owe it to you!!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:27 am

Marcon, you are so ahead of the game! How wonderful that you got inspired to go after the other S's.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)