Karly's Best Year Ever!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kakawawa

Karly's Best Year Ever!

Post by kakawawa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Today is my birthday. I am determined to make 36 the best year ever by accomplishing some very important goals. My two main goals are to abide by Vanilla No S each week and complete my Morning Miracle routine Monday-Friday.

I plan to track these habits daily in my Way of Life app, post a weekly check in on this thread on Sundays, and weigh once a month on the first of the month.

I'm intentionally trying to KEEP IT SIMPLE! Right now my mind is a jumble with low carb high fat, supplements, hormone issues, weighing every day, obsessing in the mirror, ENOUGH! I am stepping out in faith to set a yearlong habit. I cannot wait to see what the days, weeks, and months bring. Thank you in advance for your support!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:08 am

Yay! Kakawawa, great goals you have there. Traditional dieting is the pits. Too much to think about & keep track of imo. What's the point of being thin if you're miserable right ?

If you stick to NoS, I think you'll find it very freeing! Btw, what's Morning Miracle routine?

Linda

Ps happy bday ;)
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:41 am

Hope you have a great year!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

kakawawa

Week 1 check in

Post by kakawawa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:03 pm

This was not an easy first week, but ultimately I accomplished my goals.

M-Th were green (by the skin of my teeth). Actually took a chip out of my mouth at one point.

Friday and Saturday were my S days. I didn't start with this intention, but had a valentine dinner Friday night and instead of making 3 S days, I decided that Friday will be a good official S day for me because I work full time, and this will help me with having two weekend "S days gone wild."

I weighed off and on throughout the week out of habit. Down two lbs today, but won't officially report for one month. I like the section in the No S book about weighing. It fluctuates SO much. Habit is much more important.

Linda, The Miracle Morning is a book by Hal Elrod. It was given to me this year by a coworker. It basically sets a structure and purpose for waking up an hour early (never thought I could do this happily) to complete a SAVERS routine (silence, affirmations, visualizations, exercise, reading, and scribing). It has been a great new addition to my life and very conducive to No S habit tracking. The book is an easy read and the facebook community is very encouraging.

I hope everyone has an awesome week!