Liz's Daily Check-In, No-S with Mod

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lbb (Liz)

Liz's Daily Check-In, No-S with Mod

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi!
Here to check in for accountability! I've been in and out of No-S over the years and it really resonates with me to continue with it, with a mod of eating any TYPE of food, in a meal, 3x/day, without S-days. I don't do well snacking and nibbling, so plated food, even if it includes a treat, is okay.
Thanks to some of you who have inspired this mod! I'm pregnant, and not here to lose weight obviously, but to have better habits, to not eat emotionally, and to stop bingeing in its tracks!
Today:
Weight: 135 (pre-pregnancy weight 123)
Breakfast: 2 eggs on toast, avocado, laughing cow cheese
Lunch: Babybel cheese, greek yogurt, salami
Dinner: Went my inlaws for a "birthday dinner" (my bday is tomorrow).
2 small roast beef sandwiches
salad
some chips/dip
one slice of cake and ice cream

This is the first time I didn't come home from an event like that and continue eating candy or treats. I knew I could have them the next day if I wanted, so I didn't feel the desire to binge. YAHOO! This is why the "S" days don't work for me. If I feel like I can have a treat each day, or not, then I don't feel the need to binge.
Thanks for all your inpsiration!
Last edited by lbb (Liz) on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 am

Good luck tonight Liz! Remember to give yourself permission to enjoy the treats tonight and don't feel guilty. You have a great mod in place that will allow you to enjoy life but keep eating in control!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:22 am

Happy birthday, Liz! :D

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Liz!

Welcome to the NoS boards, and Happy Birthday!!!! :D

Just wanted to let you know that I responded to your PM--I didn't see it until this morning, so I apologize for the delay! :)

And I'm a big supporter of "Team Mod." Adding mods was the reason for my quick success! Remember, it's fitting the plan into your life, not the other way around--make it work for you however you want. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Thank you for your support!
I'm doing well and haven't binged this week, regardless of allllll the treats in my home. (Birthdays are a free-for-all of friends and family bringing cookies and candy and cupcakes).
I've focused on my 3 meals/day of whatever I desire, and have not binged.
THAT'S HUGE and I'm feeling less obsessed with food and more obsessed with LIFE! :)
Liz

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Fantastic news, Liz!!! :D Keep it up--you're doing great!!! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Just returned from a 2-day trip with 2 sisters to San Diego! So much fun celebrating my sister's 40th birthday.
We mainly stuck to breakfast, lunch, and dinner (our to eat).
I did have treats at a movie and at dessert, but I consider that terribly "normal". And "normal" is what I'm going for--no binges and no restricting.
Felt great and very present-moment.
YAHOO!
Liz

noni

Post by noni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi Liz,

I also started a sweet mod with my meals in Feb. So far it's working well.
I didn't overeat sweets the way I usually do on the two weekends that passed, even with company and plenty desserts. I knew I could have them any day. I've even didn't have sweets all day yesterday (Mon). Didn't really think about it!

I love this way of eating, so hoping I stick with it.
"Never go back for seconds. Get it all the first time." - Garfield