Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3squaremeals daily check in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: 3squaremeals daily check in Reply with quote

Well I've never actually posted before but have attempted No S several times over the last few months. In between giving up and calorie counting or having shakes. But I always come back to No S as it is such a life friendly diet. I only want to lose about 22lbs would even be happy with about 15lbs.

My first week I've had all green days, even had 2 moderate S days which are Friday and Saturday as those are my 2 most social days. What works best for me on S days is to keep my N day structure but have a treat or two.

Felt like giving up today and binging on sugary treats but stayed strong and had a coffee instead!

B- waffle with yoghurt, berries and banana
L- English muffin with baked beans and an egg and 2 nectarines
T- hotdog in a roll with cheese and onion, coleslaw and cucumber with a glass of wine

Last edited by 3squaremeals on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was a success. I faced a few obstacles. My friend offered me a donut at her house but I said no thanks. Also had a moment where I felt like giving up and binging tonight after stupidly weighing myself and not liking the number, as well as not liking what I seen in the mirror. Thankfully I talked myself out of the binge and realised it's going to take time to get where I want to be and binging certainly won't help that, and I will end up feeling rubbish.

B- English muffin with peanut butter, yoghurt and berries
L- 2 leftover frankfurts in bread with ketchup, mustard and cheese
T- Steak, sausage, Greek salad and piece of garlic bread
noni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work! With each "No" you gain strength with habit.
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks noni!
Today was GREEN another successful day, no cravings or down moments to report. Can't wait for my S day tomorrow. Going out for a meal and to see a movie afterwards with a friend. I like to keep my S days as similar to N days as possible and allow for 1 treat. Although I don't stress if it turns into 2 but as a binge eater I can not do a free for all day. Planning on having an icecream coated in chocolate and crushed peanuts at the cinema and maybe a coke.

Today's food
B- peanut butter on toast and a cappuccino
L- roll with roast beef and salad, plus some yoghurt and an apple
T- Burritos and a nectarine 2 glasses of wine
Merry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Good job on facing those obstacles this week!

I hope you enjoy the movie (ice cream dipped in chocolate & with nuts sounds delish!)

1 year and counting!

26 lbs. down, 37 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Merry.

Today wasn't too bad for an S day, more than I would usually have but I don't go out often. Enjoyed my meal and movie out. Was nice not to feel stuffed and guilty after my meal and ice cream. I even left food on my plate at dinner time as the portion was too big even though it was entree size.

B- 2 crumpets with jam, yoghurt and banana
S- 2 mini pikelets
L- meat, salad and cheese roll, 2 nectarines, 3 mini pikelets
S- glass of milk, a few fries and 2 chicken nuggets which was some of kids dinner before I went out as we weren't having tea until late
T- carbonara and garlic bread, 2 glasses of wine
Choc, peanut coated ice cream at the cinema and a small coke
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was a moderate S day. Felt like I could have gone without my sweet treat of chocolate but didn't want to crave it later in the week when my PMS hits.

B- crumpets with butter, yoghurt and a nectarine
L- sweet chilli chicken wrap and an apple
T- roast chicken breast, curry pasta, coleslaw, cucumber
S- a fair amount of chocolate but not out of control
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the last 2 days have been red. Yesterday turned into a binge at lunch time. Something just came over me and I went on a carb binge. Damn PMS! Tonight I had seconds after dinner and some teddy bear cookies. I vow to have a green day tomorrow or I know I will spiral out of control if I let myself have too many red days.

One thing I noticed about my binges is that my binges were no where near as bad as before No S. I was able to end my binge straight after it and have a normal dinner. And tonight after my 2 serves of dinner and cookies I didn't continue eating until I went to bed like I usually would. So there is some progress in amongst the red days.

B- on on English muffin, yoghurt and berries
L- salad, cheese and meat roll, apple, some risotto big lunch as PMS makes me hungry.
Glass of milk between lunch and dinner
T- 2 serves of lasagne
S- teddy cookies
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back after falling off the wagon, trying another diet and failing. I'm always at my lower weight when I'm doing No S so I don't know why I stray from it. I would be better off maintaining my lower weight than dieting then binging and gaining a few kilos. Just want to have a sane relationship with food for life. I'm making other positive changes in my life at the moment too, so what better time to start then now.

Other changes I'm making are walking my son to school some mornings so that I get a 40 min walk in before I start my day.

Spending a lot less time on Facebook and being more productive with my day.

Distancing myself from a clingy friend that causes me anxiety.

I will do a daily check in on my No S eating habits for the first 21 days then switch to one or twice a week
Larkspur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck today! As an American I so enjoy reading about crumpets and tea Smile I think you are sensible to want to maintain a stable weight even if it's higher than you like versus cycling up and down. I think my issue is I go through periods of accepting my weight, and then when I'm trying, I get frustrated when it doesn't move quickly. I want a moderate, simple plan like NoS and I want to drop weight as if I were on 1500 calories. Reminding myself this is for the looooong haul...
noni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like to read about foreign foods. For instance, I know that toast and baked beans is not from America, because we would dump a lot of cheese on it...lol

But what are pikelets?

I remember distancing myself from an acquaintance who enlisted me as her "psychologist", spending collective hours on the phone almost everyday, dumping on me problems of her own making. I didn't get up the nerve to shed her until I would formulate these dangerous scenarios concerning my toddler while we were on the phone, just to see if she cared, or would be considerate enough to hang up, so I could tend to said child. Nope. This gave me the bravado I needed to cut her off.
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larkspur wrote:
Good luck today! As an American I so enjoy reading about crumpets and tea Smile I think you are sensible to want to maintain a stable weight even if it's higher than you like versus cycling up and down. I think my issue is I go through periods of accepting my weight, and then when I'm trying, I get frustrated when it doesn't move quickly. I want a moderate, simple plan like NoS and I want to drop weight as if I were on 1500 calories. Reminding myself this is for the looooong haul...

Yes definitely I feel more miserable when I am a few kilos heavier. I also do lose weight on No S it is just slower so I get impatient and give up. I need to realise I need to eat like this for life in order to be thin. Not just 2 weeks then stop. I have decided to do No S for a year and see where I end up, and I'm am sure I will be lighter than I would have had I not stuck to No S.
You are certainly right about it being for the long haul!
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noni wrote:
I also like to read about foreign foods. For instance, I know that toast and baked beans is not from America, because we would dump a lot of cheese on it...lol

But what are pikelets?

I remember distancing myself from an acquaintance who enlisted me as her "psychologist", spending collective hours on the phone almost everyday, dumping on me problems of her own making. I didn't get up the nerve to shed her until I would formulate these dangerous scenarios concerning my toddler while we were on the phone, just to see if she cared, or would be considerate enough to hang up, so I could tend to said child. Nope. This gave me the bravado I needed to cut her off.

Haha well baked beans actually taste really nice with cheese on them but I usually have them without cheese.

Pikelets are mini pancakes, I think you may call them flapjacks?

This friend of mine is really hard to distance myself from as our boys go to school together. She messages me every day too. They want us to come camping with them over Easter and I stupidly said yes. But now we really don't want to come as we have a toddler and we are camping near the water. Will just have to tell her I guess. I'm just a person who backs down from strong willed people like her easily, as she will get grumpy with me for not going camping, which is why I said yes in the first place.

It sounds like you did the right thing distancing yourself from that friend. It can certainly be exhausting when friends burden you with all their issues.
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday was my first day back on No S and it happened to fall on an S day. I went a little overboard with the cupcakes but I gave the rest away so they aren't tempting me on my first N day today. Was thinking of skipping yesterday as an S day an just make it an N day, but that would have been silly as I would have had to have 6 N days before my next S day.
RAWCOOKIE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? You were right, it was an S day. Your S day eating will change over time. Have you planned what you're going to eat for your three meals on Monday? (actually, it's probably Monday already where you are!)

Steady as you go - it's so worth it.
Wink

13.6.15 124.25lbs
1.3.17 112.25lbs
VisitorX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3squaremeals wrote:
So yesterday was my first day back on No S and it happened to fall on an S day. I went a little overboard with the cupcakes but I gave the rest away so they aren't tempting me on my first N day today. Was thinking of skipping yesterday as an S day an just make it an N day, but that would have been silly as I would have had to have 6 N days before my next S day.

As long as it didn't affect you mentally, and you still feel strong on the plan, just leave it and stay on schedule or else you may feel off kilter next S day.

Stay strong!

Start date 3/17/17 Start weight 201
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Monday here but I count Sunday as an N day as Friday and Saturday are my most social days.

Yesterday's food
B- peanut butter on toast
L-plate of pasta in tomato based sauce and a bit of parmesan
T- curried sausages, mashed potato, carrot and broccoli

Found it fairly easy to stick to my 3 meals without feeling too hungry. No fruit in there but it was shopping day and none of the fruit in our house wasn't very appealing.

Also lost 3.3lbs in 2 days with one being an S day so I'm feeling good, even though it was probably just water weight.

Before I went off the rails on No S my S days were fairly tame. I like to keep the structure of N days and add in a treat or 2 because as a binge eater I just lose control without a bit of structure.
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another green day today. Had to have a small glass of milk between lunch and dinner though but overall a success

B- crumpets with butter and marmite, yoghurt and raspberries
L- sweet chilli chicken wrap and an apple
T- honey mustard chicken thighs with crispy bacon and rice with broccoli and carrots + a glass of wine
lpearlmom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Your meals look yummy!

Keep up the good work!

Linda Smile

Lost 45 lbs

Instagram "lpearlmom"
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lpearlmom wrote:
Great job! Your meals look yummy!

Keep up the good work!

Linda Smile

Thank you Linda Very Happy
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another green day. Going out to a birthday dinner tomorrow night. Am glad I can choose what I want off the menu and don't have to have a salad. I'm a carb girl, love my carbs. Will probably get a burger and fries as that is one of the cheaper things on the menu and we are on a budget. Will be saying no to the birthday cake though.

Today's food

B- Marmite on toast and vanilla yoghurt with raspberries
L-grilled cheese and bacon sandwich and an apple
T- burritos
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another green day. Looking forward to only having one more day tomorrow then it is an S day.

B- egg on toast, vanilla yoghurt and raspberries
L-, vegetarian lasagna, date and nut ball and apple
T- chicken burger and curly fries
3squaremeals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really enjoying this sane way of eating, it feels good not to stress about everything I'm eating. Just hope I can stay focused on the slow and steady approach.

Today was another green day

B- Marmite on toast and vanilla yoghurt with raspberries
L- roast chicken and stuffing sandwich with grapes
T- spinach, pumpkin and ricotta cannelloni and salad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: