Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

resources that support No S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: resources that support No S Reply with quote

I hope we can consolidate these great sources, just in case strugglers need more justification. So post here anything that seems to support limiting (but not Eliminating) and of the S's. (I'm even going to link the thread on resources to support no snacking alone.)

I consider the second link to be in support of moderation on our plate, which some might call a corollary. We're kidding ourselves if we think default chowing down on a plate of dense foods is going to get us the delight in food and body that we'd like.

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9449&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-why-arent-italians-fat-20150323-story.html

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Last edited by oolala53 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
RAWCOOKIE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that first link - I'll have a good read of all those later today.

The second link? takes me to a page about a child-killer? I think maybe the link isn't working it the way you intended, or am I missing something?
Question

13.6.15 124.25lbs
1.3.17 112.25lbs
mustloseweight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second link also takes me to an internet page about a child killer. Maybe needs editing or removing?
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've corrected it above.

The other one was a mistake, from a unit we are studying in our senior English class on brain research and whether it's valid to try some young criminals as adults. I must have accidentally cut and pasted that URL. Mu!st have been a shock

oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorta long, but some may appreciate the bolstering.

https://www.designmom.com/french-food-habits/

eam531

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that "French women don't get fat" but, well, we were eating that way in the US up until sometime in the late 70s. Granted, my mom shopped at the supermarket and not at charming bakeries, butcher shops and greenmarkets, but we ate 3 squares a day of pretty decent meals (no presweetened cereal, very few desserts, no snacking) and no one was overweight. Our family was not unique. When I look back at pictures in high school (I graduated in 1974), there were almost no "fat" kids and they were actually just chubby. There were NO obese kids in my graduating class of over 900 students or in my entire high school. My friends in college weren't overweight. None of my parents' friends were overweight. There were just a lot fewer overweight people 40+ years ago, for a variety of reasons, one of which is people just ate less.

This sure isn't the case now, sad to say.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11275

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: