Splinter Advice

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
JJJPK

Splinter Advice

Post by JJJPK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 pm

What's up friends?! I hope you're having a lovely day. There are tulips and sunshine where I live, so life is pretty peachy 8) Anyhoo, some advice is what I seek, here in off topic. Get your popcorn, story time!

Five years ago, when I was a wee youth, I got a few splinters. Just some tiny metal (I think) slivers that lodged themselves into my index finger. I dug around, soaked it in water, you name it, the usual gambit. There still seemed to be some detritus in there though. So my mom drove me, crying, to the doctor's office. They couldn't get it out. We went to Urgent Care. They too dug around, I think they may have even taken an X-ray. I'm not sure if the splinter showed up on it or not. Anyway, we went home and thought all shards had been removed from my body, though I had my suspicions. After a week or so, the cut healed. I could still see two small black slivers, under the skin. I was too creeped out by incompetent doctors unsuccessfully jamming needles into my inflamed flesh to tell my mom about it. It didn't bother me all that much. I could feel a tiny stab of pain only if I hit my finger hard or pushed the skin a certain way. After about a year, however, I got scared I might get tetanus, and I told my Mom. She told me to just leave well enough alone and let sleeping dogs lie. So I did. And very successfully for four years. The splinters seemed to go into some sort of dormition. Under no circumstances did it hurt. But then, to my utter horror, on Sunday night, I was aggressively draining a zit (bad habit and it burned me this time!) when I felt the familiar sharp jab of pain from my finger. From then on out it has felt tender and hurts when I do most anything with the side of my finger. Brushing my teeth, changing my hands on the steering wheel, locking my phone, NOT to mention holding a pencil (yes I am a righty, and this is my right index finger) have all become annoyances. Last night I got so frustrated I took a needle to it and dug around. I was unsuccessful. These splinters are DEEP. To see them I have to kindof put pressure on the area to get the blood out of the skin so I can see the little black specks. The needle digging caused a scab so one of them is completely invisible now. It's on my finger joint, (first one below the nail) and every time I bend it, it hurts.

I have very little confidence in the doctors. These are super deep splinters. They're hard to see. Probably nothing short of surgery will get them out. Do I have time for that here as the semester draws to a close and finals approach? Not really. Not to mention my Mom will probably get mad at me...never fun. At the same time, it's almost as annoying as Chinese water torture! Also, I don't think these guys are going to "work their way out on their own" any time soon, considering they've been peacefully resting in there for five years. They're in to hurry to leave their cozy home! So, what do you all think I should do?

If you read all of this, I'm really impressed. I appreciate any and all input.

Love you lots! :P
Na Razie!
JJJPK

EmilyDunn

Post by EmilyDunn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 pm

You have posted extremely decent. This appears to be unmistakably noteworthy; I might want to compose on it and assignment uk service provides nice info. All individuals who are looking this sort of items. I wanted to peruse the history and discovered this every single related thing.

Lewys

Post by Lewys » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:49 am

I can not express my gratitude to you for sharing this amazing blog. I have been searching for this for many years now. thank you for information.

Lewys

Post by Lewys » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:55 am

Lewys wrote:I can not express my gratitude to you for sharing this amazing blog. I have been searching for this for many years now. thank you for information.
https://thesis-dissertationwritinghelp.com/