Skycat's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:58 am

Tuesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 3 slices of toast. Grapes
D - 2 bread rolls with ham and cucumber. An apple and an orange. 2 pieces of watermelon

Steps - 10,500

I had actually planned a more nutritious lunch than toast, but had a bit of a crisis losing my house keys (which were found later thank goodness) so I didn't have time to eat properly.

During the performance, fortunately I was too busy to snack, and now I have a plan for the final 2 performances, if there are good looking snacks and I'm tempted, I'll hide myself in the wings listening to the action on stage until the temptation has passed.
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:08 pm

I meant to ask, and sorry if you have told this, but are you acting in the play or do you do some of the backstage support?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

onemama

Post by onemama » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:48 am

Hi Skycat,
I've just discovered you and I have something in common. We're both foreigners living in Germany :) I also love the UK and lived there, in the south, for nearly four years. My two boys were born there. Where are you from? Whereabouts in Germany are you now? I'm in the north, not far from Bremen.

I like your menus and your ability to think forward and plan for tricky situations.

"See" you around!

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 am

Oolala, I'm acting in it. It's an amateur group which does plays in English so kind of a niche audience but I really enjoy it. This play is about a group of the first female students at Cambridge University and their struggles for equality, it's serious but funny in parts as well. My role is as a lecturer at the university who really encourages the girls and supports them.

Onemama - I'm the other end of the country. In Trier near the Luxembourg border, been here for about 3 and a half years now. I miss home but I also really like Germany and the people I've met here.

Planning ahead really helps me, especially posting on here, it feels like I've made an agreement with myself, with witnesses, it makes it easier to stick to my plans.

Wednesday - SUCCESS

b - bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham, tomato and cucumber. Grapes and peach.
D - Lentil ragu with pasta. An orange. A glass of wine

Steps 10,500
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 am

Thursday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 Bread rolls with hm and tomato. Raspberries and peach
D - Bulgar wheat with courgette, tofu and red onion. Grapes and orange. A glass of wine

Steps - 5,000 plus 50 minutes in the gym
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:50 am

Friday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and tomato. Grapes and an orange.
D - Indian style scrambled eggs with spicy green beans and naan bread.
Plus waaaay toooo much Sekt. I really deserve to feel much worse this morning than I do. One glass after work with a friend, who is also a neighbour, turned into 3 bottles. Ouch!

Steps - 9,500
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:46 am

Saturday - S Day

B - Bircher muesli
L - Spahetti with garli, chilli and parmesan. Peach
D - Cooked for a whole group of friends who came over (13 people in total) mostly Mexican and African based food, vegetarian, stew and chilli with rice.

S - Day treats - a mini chocolate bar, a chocolate cereal bar, crackers as an afternoon snack. Seconds of dinner and tiramisu for dessert. Plus snacks while playing games after dinner. Big S Day

Steps - 10,500 plus 30 minutes in the gym
I CAN do this.

Elyssa

Post by Elyssa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:43 am

Mexican AND African? Sounds so delicious - as in Afro-Mexican food?
You always seem to have tasty, interesting, international dinners :)
And are you finding the sanity and regularity you've been looking for?
Peace, Elyssa
Ahh... relief!

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 am

Haha, well we'd originally planned Mexican but one of our friends, who is from Ghana brought a bean stew with her so it ended up sort of fusion.

Yes, I have found a great deal of sanity with this way of eating. I find that I can put all thoughts of 'should I eat this? can I eat this?' into a box in my head marked, 'No S will take care of everything.'

Sunday - S Day

B - Toast with home-made cashew butter
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and eggs. Orange
D - Courgette and tomato gratin with pasta salad

S Day treats - 2 mini chocolate bars, an ice cream bar, a portion of crackers
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:22 am

Monday - SUCCESS

B - Toast with homemade cashew butter
L - 2 Bread rolls with egg and tomato. An apple
D - Chilli with 2 tortilla. Peach. A glass of wine

Steps - 14,000 (including a 5km jog before work :D )
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:52 am

Tuesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - Toast and rice cakes. Peach, grapes and an apple.
D - Chinese flavoured tofu with rice and peas. An orange and a glass of wine

Steps - 11,500

Bit of an improvisational day really. It was too hot to detour to the store on the way home, I'm British I'm not used to 34 degree heat so I had to make do with what I had in the house which was one slice of bread, so I added some rice cakes and more fruit than usual. Then when I went to make a tofu and cahew dish for dinner,I realised my husband had eaten all of the cashews, so I had to think again :D
I did seriously think about having a bag of microwave popcorn as my lunch, but managed to stop myself as I'm sure it would have been a bad idea.
I CAN do this.

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 am

Go creativity! I love it!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 am

Wednesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and tomato
D - Salad with tapas. I was so happy to see on the restaurant menu, a salad served with different Spanish tapas items, and even happier when it came, different yummy tapas items on the plate in a circle round the salad. It was as if this had been designed for someone following No S. 3 glasses of wine.

Eating out, I managed to ignore the bread which was put on the table before the food came, and not have dessert, although that was made easier because I wasn't the only person who chose not to have dessert. Ate out and stuck to No S. Yay :D

Steps: 8,500
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Thursday - SUCCESS

B- Bircher muesli
L - 2 Bread rolls with ham and tomato. An orange and grapes
D - Chicken salad wraps. A peach. 2 glasses of wine.

Steps - 5,500

Low step count today as I couldn't face walking to work in 26 degree heat, 30 minutes all uphill with a backpack on, you wouldn't want to be taught by me after that! I did walk home though, and vaguely planned to go for a walk early evening but at that point it was 34 degrees, and I decided I was crazy, but not that crazy and stayed inside instead.
On the plus side, the director where I work announced she had bought ice creams for everyone, and although I had to go into the room where they were, I managed to be 'busy' until they were all gone 8)
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Valiant!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:15 am

Friday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - Chicken salad with bread rolls. Orange
D - Chicken burger with sweet potato fries

Steps - 14,000
5 a day = 5 (banana, berries, salad, orange, sweet potato)

Saturday - S Day

B - Pretzel, apple and banana
L - Turkey breast with potatoes, vegetables and side salad
D - Chicken sandwich. Strawberries

S Day treats - small chocolate croissant, mini muffin, chocolate bar
Steps - 9,500
5 a day = 5 (banana, apple, mixed cooked veg, salad, strawberries)

Quite pleased with Friday and Saturday, I went to a conference which was a long bus trip away so good step counts considering the amount of time I had to be sitting down.
The 5 a day count is a new thing I'm going to try monitoring to see how many portions of fruit and veg I manage to get, in a day. I'm aiming for 5 or more.
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 am

Sunday - S Day

B- Bircher muesli
L - Satay cauliflower with bulgar wheat. Grapes.
D - Pasta in a tomato sauce with courgette. 3 glasses of wine

Steps - 10,000 plus 30 minutes in the gym
5 a day - 6 (banana, berries, grapes, cauliflower, tomatoes, courgette)

S Day Treats - a magnum mini ice-cream, 3 mini chocolate bars and a chocolate biscuit.
It did feel like one mini chocolate bar too much, even while I was eating it, but, oh well, it was an S day so I won't worry too much
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:29 am

Monday - SUCCESS

B - bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and cucumber. An orange.
D - Vegetable stew with a dumpling. Grapes, a glass of wine

Steps - 9,000
5 a day - 7 (peach, berries, cucumber, orange, veg in stew (x2) grapes)
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:20 am

Tuesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and cucumber. An orange and a nectarine
D - Onion and red pepper fritatta with sweet potato wedges and salad. A glass of wine

Steps - 7,000
5 a day - 8. (banana, berries, cucumber, orange, nectarine, veg in fritatta, salad and sweet potato)
I CAN do this.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:31 am

That is so cool that you are acting in a play! I used to be very into theater and acting in my younger days.

I like your way of posting your S day treats on S days. I might start doing something similar, just to have a visual representation of what I actually do on S days, might help keep them from getting too insane and loose.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:18 am

Wednesday - SUCCESS

b - Bircher muesli
L - 1 bread roll with avocado and 2 poached eggs. Grapes and a nectarine
D - Potato bake with cheese and vegetables

Steps - 12,000 plus 30 minutes in the gym
5 a day - 6 (banana, berries, avocado, grapes, nectarine)

Funny story. I ordered the potato bake in the restaurant attached to the theatre, as we had a performance yesterday (and the last one today) but had a bit of a translation mishap.
I had forgotten that in German peperoni can mean either the sausage, which is what I'm used to, or it can mean chilli. I wanted peperoni sausage in my potato bake - that's not what I got! Good job I like spicy food :D
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:02 pm

The ability to navigate not getting exactly what we want without letting it derail us is really useful to have or cultivate. Good going.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks Oolala :D

I had a really strong moment yesterday. There were doughnuts backstage, 2 whole boxes containing a variety from Krispy Kreme. My first thought was, yay, doughnuts!! My second was oh but it's an N day and I can't!! My third was....even on an S day I might not have one (although of course there's a good chance I would). My S treats tend to involve chocolate, ice cream or crisps. I like doughnuts but they're not one of my favourite treats. And of course, if a doughnut isn't good enough for an S day treat, it's certainly not good enough to have a fail. No to cut a long story short, I didn't take a doughnut!!

Thursday - SUCCESS

B - bircher muesli
L - small baguette with ham and cucumber. Orange and nectarine
D - Potato bake with cheese, bacon and peppers. Grapes

Steps - 12,500
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Skycat, congratulations on resisting those doughnuts! I love the way you describe your thought processes, I think you have illustrated perfectly how easy it is to eat mindlessly, and how good NoS is at helping us learn to assess our food intake. Who would have thought that three little rules could have such an impact on our eating habits? Good for you :D
"You'll know where the North Star is &#11088;&#65039;" - Oolala

3squaremeals

Post by 3squaremeals » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:36 am

Good job on resisting the doughnuts! I love doughnuts especially Krispy Kreme which is a 6 hour drive from us.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:08 am

Friday - SUCCESS

b - bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham and cucumber. Orange and a nectarine
D - mini pizzas. Quite a bit of wine

Steps - 10,000
5 a day - 5

So I ended up being invited to a friend's place in the evening, quite spontaneously, to celebrate the passing of marriage equality laws here. My friends had mini pizzas and I think I had the right amount for a plate.

There were also some mini crackers, like crisps/chips. These are often my downfall. Crisps are what got me fat in the first place, I ate SOOOO many over soo many years, they were and still are my binge trigger food. To resist them is much more difficult for me than to resist doughnuts.
So there they were on the table. I made a conscious decision that I would not have a red day, I refused to have a red day. So I took a handful, placed them on the table next to me (we were playing a card game) and waited until 2 minutes after midnight when it was technically Saturday to eat them - by that point there were none left in the bowl, so I could only have my handful. This is a big win for me. I would prefer to count Friday as the whole time I'm awake, even after midnight,but this is such a huge step for me that I'm counting it as a success.
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:03 am

Saturday - S Day

B - Bircher muesli
L - Burger and fries. Nectarine
D - Lentil and roasted vegetables (squash, tomato, pepper and courgette) and an orange, plus Sekt

S Day treats - a handful of crackers, 3 mini chocolate bars and a mini ice cream cone

Steps - 10,000 plus 30 mins workout with app
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 am

Sunday - S Day

B - Scrambled eggs on toast with peppers, onion and cheese. Nectarine
L - Lentils with roasted veg. Raspberries and banana
D - Potluck supper to celebrate the end of the theatre performances

S day treats - 3 mini chocolate bars and probably way too much food at the potluck supper, but it was a real celebration with a big group of friends so I was happy to let my hair down, especially as everyone had put so much effort into what they had made and taken along.

Steps - 3,000 (oh dear)
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:17 am

I'm a little confused. Why would the crisps have been a fail? Have you made a mod to have them only on S days? Tx
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Elyssa

Post by Elyssa » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:34 am

Hi Skycat:

You're doing good, girl! :lol:

I always smile when I read about your Muesli and the nectarines... those really do take me back to Germany. And I had to laugh about Pepperoni. Yes, there is some confusing food vocabulary/room for misunderstanding.

By crisps I guess you Brits mean what we Americans call POTATO CHIPS? Please clarify. I think I understand what Oolala is asking you - it's not a sweet, so wasn't it something you could have accommodated on your plate? I know you are saying it was a huge trigger.

But that can change.

I have finally come to believe that, - even though I am not quite "there" yet. The whole point of moderation is to de-sensitize ourselves and/or
gently re-train ourselves so that any given substance, in and of itself, does NOT end up triggering a binge or overeating episode.

Then again, who knows how big those mini pizzas were? Did they "block out the sun" (cover your entire plate)? :wink:

By all means, keep up the good work! ~ Elyssa
Ahh... relief!

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:06 am

The thing with the crisps, which yes are potato chips (even though they are also called chips here in Germany I just can't shake the Britishness :) ) my friend didn't offer them until way after the mini pizzas, so they would have been a snack. I couldn't have put them on my plate because they weren't there at that time, it would have been a snack fail. Although maybe the timing wasn't clear in my original post

Tuesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with cheese and ham. Orange
D - Lentil ragu with pasta. Glass of wine

Steps - 14,000 plus 30 minutes in the gym
5 a day - 4 :cry:
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Got it. Bit by bit!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:08 am

I hear you on potato chips being a huge trigger--good success for you!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 am

Tuesday - SUCCESS

b - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls and 2 slices of roast veg tortilla. Orange and nectarine
D - Tomato and chickpea salad with two corn tortilla, 2 glasses of wine

Steps - 8,500
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:57 am

Wednesday - SUCCESS

B - A pumpkin seed pretzel and a whole punnet of strawberries
L - Roasted potatoes, onions and pork. A grapefruit
D - Peanut butter and banana on toast. An orange and a nectarine.

I had made soup for dinner, from scratch, sweet potato, red pepper and coconut soup but then because I was going out in the evening, I ran out of time because it took longer than I had expected to cook, so had to throw something quick together while it was still simmering.
Then in the pub, one of my friends ordered pizza, and oh my goodness it smelled like the best thing ever. I think I will be eating pizza sometime soon, thank goodness it can be allowed with No S :D

Steps - 13,500 plus 30 minutes in the gym
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Well I'm back from my holiday and have put on 11 pounds.

On the plus side I've been horse-riding, hiked up a mountain and managed over 20,000 steps on 6 separate days while I was away.

On the other hand, I can really feel those 11 pounds in my clothes not fitting so well.

No S is starting again today, has already started today. From tomorrow I'll be checking in again as usual. Can No S get those 11 pounds off again, and how quickly? I look forward to finding out :D
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 am

Wednesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - Avocado and poached egg on toast. Apple
D - Home-made soup with bread. Grapes. Glass of wine

Steps - 8,500
5 a day - 6

There were a few tough moments but I made it through and now I feel like I'm back on plan, and very happy to be here too!
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Thursday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham, tomato and cheese. Blueberries and an orange.
D - Lentil ragu with pasta and parmesan. Grapes and a glass of wine.

Steps - 3,500
5 a day - 6

While I was on holiday, I tried to keep No S in mind at least, even if I chose to break the rules, it was a choice and not mindless eating One interesting thing though was that although I did have sweet treats, they were mostly desserts so directly after meals. One time I had a sweet snack, a peanut butter cookie, between meals I had a huge sugar crash about 30 minutes later, I was exhausted and so cranky. I didn't have sugar between meals again except for fruit juice and smoothies and the problem didn't come back.

Could it be that I'm now so used to No S that I just can't tolerate sugar between meals? Most of my S day treats are with meals so I think it could be. If so, I think No S has done me a big favour!!
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:57 am

Friday - SUCCESS

b - bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with ham, cheese and tomato. Blueberries and an orange.
D - Roast cauliflower in a spicy sauce with bulgar wheat. Grapes and a glass of wine

Steps - 5,000
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:37 am

Saturday - S Day

B - Bircher muesli
L - Lentil ragu with pasta and parmesan
D - Street food from a local fair.

S day treats - too many mini chocolate bars, a mini ice cream cone, popcorn, and an evening snack of calamari. Not my best S day ever.

Steps - 12,000 plus 30 minutes in the gym
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 am

Sunday - S Day

B - Avocado and poached egg on toast. A banana
L - Rice bowl with green beans, carrots and avocado. Orange and grapes
D - Couscous with tomato, rocket and tofu with a za'atar dressing.

S Day treats - a chocolate cereal bar, a chocolate ice cream bar and a mii chocolate bar

Steps - 7,500
5 a day - 8
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Monday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with hummus. Nectarine and an apple
D - Rice with carrot, tofu and avocado. Grapes and an orange. Glass of wine

Steps - 7,500
5 a day - 9

Today I was very seriously tempted to binge. I was in the shop, looking at the packets of crisps before I could tear myself away. My husband is away on a business trip which is a really dangerous time for me, in terms of binging as I can 'get away with it' and nobody will know. This comes after a close call last week too, sadly I think it's only a matter of time. Maybe the best I can hope for is several months between binges, as is is now. At my worst it was often once or twice a day.
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:44 am

I know it may sound defeatist, but really, a binge every few months is not bad. It's too bad that it's likely really cruddy quality food, but early humans would have probably "binged" every few months, just not on sugar.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:52 am

Oolala - Thanks, that's a good message for me to look back on when the inevitable happens and I do binge (on potato chips, it's ALWAYS potato chips with me). However, today is not that day, and hopefully tomorrow won't be either.

Tuesday - SUCCESS

b - bircher muesli
l - 2 bread rolls with hummus, a nectarine and an orange.
d - Vegetable risotto with parmesan. Grapes. A few glasses of wine!
I CAN do this.

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Well done for staying strong with the potato chips, each time you resist you become just that little bit stronger.
"You'll know where the North Star is &#11088;&#65039;" - Oolala

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Wednesday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - Toast with hummus and 2 slices of cheese. Nectarine.
D - Pasta with vegetables. Apple. 3 glasses of wine.

Steps - 7,500
5 a day - 6
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:50 am

Thursday - SUCCESS

B - Bircher muesli
L - Toast with eggs. A nectarine
D - Noodle salad with mango, red onion and cucumber, and calamari. An apple and a glass of wine

Steps - 9,500
5 a day - 5

Today, Friday, has started well completely as normal. I am taking at a NWS because this evening I'm going to a local wine festival with friends, this festival only happens once a year and we missed it the last three years. For me that makes it a definite NWS. However, there may be no need to have any S. So it may be a NWS with no seconds, sweets or snacking. I will be happy if that's the case, but not mad with myself if I do have an S or two
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:15 am

Friday - NWS Green day

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with hummus. An apple and a nectarine.
D - A burger and a few fries. Wine!

Really pleased with that, I knew it would be street food for dinner so I would have to virtual plate, but it worked out ok. :D

Steps - 17,500
5 a day - 5
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Saturday and Sunday - S Days

Pretty good days. Saturday included a barbecue and buffet at a friend's 40th birthday celebration but I managed not to over-indulge too much, at least not so much I felt bad the next day, and Sunday has been pretty restrained for me - an ice-cream bar and 2 mini chocolate bars. Plus 30 minutes in the gym on both days. So, yeah, am happy with the weekend and don't see any obvious obstacles in the coming week.
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Monday - RED.

Binge. Feeling physically and mentally crappy.
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Tuesday - GREEN

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with egg and tomato. Grapes
D - Mushroom and rocket curry with naan bread. A glass of wine

Steps - 10,500
5 a day - 5

Bad day is over. Hoping for a good long while before it happens again.
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Wednesday - GREEN

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with cheese and cucumber. Grapes
D - Chinese marinated tofu with sushi rice and soya beans. Apple. Wine

Steps - 6,000
5 a day - 5
I CAN do this.

Skycat

Post by Skycat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Thursday - GREEN

B - Bircher muesli
L - 2 bread rolls with egg and tomato. Apple
D - Macaroni cheese. Orange. Glass of wine

Steps - 9,000
5 a day - 4 :(
I CAN do this.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:33 am

How did the end of the week go?

In any case, tomorrow is hump day.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23