Mashed Check In: Are Snow Cones a Drink or a Snack?

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mashed

Mashed Check In: Are Snow Cones a Drink or a Snack?

Post by mashed » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:53 pm

After a seven year break, I bought Reinhard's book and started No S again. One week so far.

I had 4 successful N days this week, though I have debated if a sugar-free snow cone was a snack or a drink. I decided it was a drink since I didn't chew it and it stood in for an icy beverage.

It was hot and I was already heading to the vending machine for a diet coke but my place-of-work had brought in a snowcone truck as a way to keep us hydrated and cheerful. We were moving boxes of books and supplies in the Texas summer heat with dodgy air conditioning as our building undergoes renovations. Husband said it was a drink. I think I might have had a snack. I want to be strict but I also want to hit the ground running with a few Green days on my habit tracker.

What do you think?
Last edited by mashed on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Definitely drink. :)
07/01/17: 258
Current: 238
Aiming for 180. We shall see...

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:24 am

Absolutely a drink--it's just ice and flavoring, right? And if it's sugar free, there's not even calories in it. :)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation