Does anyone only take one S day a week

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3squaremeals

Does anyone only take one S day a week

Post by 3squaremeals » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 am

Just curious if anyone only takes one S day per week and why you only take one? Thanks

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:27 pm

I am one of those people who really pretty strongly believes in vanilla No-S. So, the rule is that I'm off the hook on S-days.

In reality? (And keep in mind I've been NO-Sing for YEARS)

It is not at all unusual for me to decide I don't want a sweet or a snack on one weekend day. I'm allowed to if I want to. I don't always want to. Maybe there's no sweets in the house and I don't feel like cooking, or maybe there's no easy to grab snack food (again pretty common in my house because I eat a lot of produce and foods that need to be cooked) so a snacky type thing doesn't seem worth the bother.

I almost never, however, go an entire weekend without an S of some sort.

That was absolutely NOT the case in the beginning. My S days could be pretty over the top at first. I'm glad I just kicked back and let habit take its course. But again, you're looking at years not months.
Last edited by NoelFigart on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

3squaremeals

Post by 3squaremeals » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Thank you Noelfigart.

I would certainly like to stick to Vanilla No S. My S days are actually fairly tame so far and I'm only a month in. I had one wild S day last week but it didn't bother me. I am just worried my S days will undo my N day hard work. If I think I am just worried because I only lost about half a pound over the last 2 weeks but then again I feel like I've lost weight and my jeans are getting looser, so I just shouldn't worry yet.

I know I need to add in exercise which I'm not allowed to do for about 1 more week due to having Sclerotherapy done on my varicose vein. I'm actually looking forward to going back to the gym a couple of times a week like I was before starting no s. I am allowed to walk though but my walking buddy is always pulling out due to being sick or family commitments and I really don't like walking by myself in the dark.

Anyway for now I will just stick to Vanilla No S and add in some exercise and see how I go :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:19 pm

I think of all weekend days as S days whether I have an S or not. I have weekends on which I have no sweets, but rarely because I declare to myself that I won't. I don't call that not taking an S day.

I might eat three meals. I might eat less. It's still an S day to me.

The criterion is how do I want to eat today that will give me enough food and pleasure but not too much? What will fit the pattern of my activities?

The fact that I allow myself to choose whatever, even three meals with no S's, makes it an S day to me.

And it's often the same amount of food, or even less, than on an N day because that's what fits the needs of the day.

You don't have to "not take an S day" to decide that you don't need much food on a weekend day.

Not sure if this even pertains to what you were asking, so I apologize if it just muddies the water. :shock:
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)