Sinnie's Sign-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Sinnie's Sign-in

Post by Sinnie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:27 pm

I really feel the need to start a new "sign-in" page to start fresh - a new beginning. I have really been suffering with making No S a habit and before it starts affecting my weight I want to nip it in the bud. I am pretending to be a beginner as though I've never done this before and put all new effort forth.

Breakfast:
1/2 bagel with cream cheese
One fried egg with cheese
Piece of toast

Lunch:
Yogurt and fruit
Potato and Pea Curry
Rice
Whole Wheat Roti

Dinner:
1/2 bagel w/ pb & j
1 nectarine
1/2 of a green tea shake

Finally SUCCESS!!!!!
Last edited by Sinnie on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi Cynnie :)
(hows that one!?? Less Sinful! LOL..)

Suffering ends now!
Sorry for that.. You can do it, but it really is sooooo hard to change lifelong habits.. Remember we have lived with them for years and years..
Sometimes even since early childhood..
Don't beat yourself up for not getting things perfect yet..

I know you are you, and I am me, but can I please remind you that there are people here who would sell their first born to weigh what you do now!
I would! :twisted:
(Sorry just kidding Richard!)

I started at about 235 or something like that. It's not totally clear as the scales I started with were faulty and then I switched and there was a totally huge difference in weight.. yada yada...

I now am 206... It has taken me almost two years to acchieve this..
You must have patience and just keep on trying...
Don't beat yourself up as that just drains all your motivation and you need you to be your best own cheering section!

Look.. you are very close to your goal weight, but if you don't get there fast, it's okay... Really..
You will get there one day!
Being so light is probably making those last ten or fifteen pounds all the more stubborn....

And also, NoS isn't easy.. Reinhard even says that in his writings... But it's going to click more and more the more you practice.. Give yourself time! Allow yourself the mistakes and just forgive them and roll right on!!!

Okay that's all!
Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Thank you Deb, your pep talks always strike a chord with me. Patience, patience, patience. I don't mind losing slowly, because you are right, it will be slow. I guess I am really sucking at just staying on habit i.e. 3 meals - I can't do it. But that's why I just need to try harder and keep my eye on the goal.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:08 am

I've been doing okay despite being up one pound this week. I am trying to look at it as two steps forward, one step back.
Last edited by Sinnie on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:05 pm

So, how are you doing this week?
Any success days? Focus. Take it a bite at a time if you need to.
Good luck my No S friend!
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~