Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diets, diets everywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilybug

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Diets, diets everywhere. Reply with quote

I find myself sick of hearing about everyone's diets at work. It's like a constant topic. I guess I understand, but that is what I'm trying to get away from- the constant obsession with dieting.

It does make me slightly nervous with everyone losing weight on their carb programs and I feel as if I may even be gaining. Still, I feel over all the obsession with it all. Lately I'm thinking let the chips fall where they may

Maybe I'm just cranky today 😜
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this may sound mean but just give them time. You can never tell what shape someone will be in two years from now. If you really stick to this and the underlying principle of aiming for moderation, your odds are much better that you will weigh less then and they will weigh more, though it's not a contest and odds are just that, not guarantees. But No S guidelines have a much longer track record in modern times -i.e., the last 10,000 years- than low carb.

Or they could be part of the lucky 3% that rides a diet train to slimness. If we're ever feeling lucky, we can always hop on...

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Merry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you're having a rough time, but I agree with Oolala--wait and see. I know I've tried other diets and yes, I lost weight faster, but I couldn't stick with them long term and there wasn't a good maintenance plan--I always gained back all I had lost and usually a bit more. I'm done yo-yo dieting! No-S is slow but sustainable loss. And if you go several months and aren't losing, it's fairly easy to identify something to tweak. Give it time and see what happens. As you alluded to, the mental relief of being off the diet treadmill is definitely a bonus.

28 lbs. down, 35 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
Lilybug

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. Sorry to be so negative. I've been so cranky lately! I guess I got so fed up with diets that I wanted to be done with even hearing about them! I can remember when people didn't talk about everything they ate or didn't eat. We talked about more interesting things than constant monitoring of calories, points, carbs, steps, etc.

I hope it does work for them (diets, low carb in particular), but it's not for me.

It's scary to let go of it, who knows where it will take me? But I'm done with them. Either I learn to moderate, or I'll just be fat and unhealthy (hopefully not).
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When those are your options, it can sharpen resolve.

I've actually prepared some possible topics to divert the conversation to if a lot of diet talk comes up.

And it's okay to vent about diet culture here!

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Alaina15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolz everyone is just conscious about their weight that’s why everyone is sharing the topic diet everywhere. I am also gaining lot of weight but taking some [SPAM LINK REMOVED] for this & hope I will lose some weight
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaina15 wrote:
Lolz everyone is just conscious about their weight that’s why everyone is sharing the topic diet everywhere. I am also gaining lot of weight but taking some *SPAM LINK REMOVED* for this & hope I will lose some weight

Alaina may I respectfully point out to you that you are in completely the wrong place to be promoting diet supplements. NoS is about forming sensible eating habits, not popping pills.
Marina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diet talk has come to a point in my work that i've decided not to eat in the kitchen table with my colleagues to avoid it. People will comment on what everyone is eating and give unsolicited advice. The low-carb crew will say i shouldn't be a vegetarian or point me to vegetarian low-carb options. It annoys me so much!
Lilybug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to hear the talk also when their weight is dropping so fast and mine is climbing! I wonder if the diet talk makes me anxious and actually eat more!
Lady Brachiosaur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilybug wrote:
Hard to hear the talk also when their weight is dropping so fast and mine is climbing! I wonder if the diet talk makes me anxious and actually eat more!

Is it possible that you're eating much quicker just to get through the meal and avoid the diet talk? When I eat fast I barely register the food and still feel hungry
Fit Veronica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Been there!!! Reply with quote

I absolutely get it, sister. I know how are you feeling. But that's how I regain all of my previously lost weight and again on the way of losing it. But I have recently found an amazing recipe that helps me with my cravings. It is called avocado smoothie recipe. If you want you can click on this link to get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: