Crazy schedule - Intervals between meals

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Marina

Crazy schedule - Intervals between meals

Post by Marina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi!

I'm having trouble determining at what time i should have my evening meal. I have breakfast at 8 (breakfast is not a big meal at all in my country), have lunch at 12 (it's always a long sit down meal and something i have to eat with a fork and knife, so it's never a sandwich). It's impossible to have breakfast or lunch at diferent times due to work hours.

The problem is dinner..... I have many activities at night and it's very common to only get home after 7 or 8pm. Some days it's as late as 11:30pm. I've tried grabbing a sandwich and eating it after work, around 5pm, but usually there's no time to do this. When i actually have time and eat around this time i am starving late at night (i am somewhat of a night owl). Some days i manage to eat at 7pm, but this usually means by 5pm i could eat my own hand... lol... Today, for example, i have to choose between eating at 5:30 and then attending a work relayed activity until 11pm (after which i'll be hungry) or eating after the activity which would mean i'd have an 11 hours interval between lunch and dinner.

I'd love to hear people's opinions on how to approach my eatings intervals and meal times!

Shuggernaut

Post by Shuggernaut » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Can you delay breakfast and/or lunch by a couple of hours? In the past, I ate breakfast between 7-8 a.m., and lunch around noon, and found that it was sometimes difficult to wait until 5-6 p.m. or later to eat supper. I've since gotten into the habit of eating breakfast between 10-11 a.m., and lunch between 2-3 p.m., which has become quite easy and natural. Supper is usually between 6-7 p.m., and I'm often not even very hungry by the time it comes around. A few hours later, I'm in bed, having eaten just three square meals that day, without ever feeling hungry.

Marina

Post by Marina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Shuggernaut wrote:Can you delay breakfast and/or lunch by a couple of hours?
I might be able to eat lunch closer to 1pm but that's a stretch... My work hours aren't very flexible.

Elyssa

Post by Elyssa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Marina :D
I read your message twice and in doing so, noticed the following:
1.) you said right away that breakfast plays a very minor role in your country (and thus, your life); AND
2.) lunch is difficult to reschedule to a much different time; AND
3.) lunch is slow / substantial / a real sit-down meal.

So....what if you just had a glass of milk or a cafe au lait in the mornings? Caloric drinks do NOT count as snacks on No-S, so you could just consume a caloric drink like those two options in the morning.

Make lunch your first plate. Maybe as early as 11:30 AM.

Have your second plate around 5:30 PM.

Third plate when it's convenient to sit down: either 8:00 PM or even as late as 11:30 PM.

That is a possibility I could see based on the parameters you provided.
And I bet you come home very tired quite often!!! :wink:
Good luck, Elyssa
Ahh... relief!

"No S" has become the life-changing answer to my agonizing questions around food...

Trust in the wisdom of structure.

Marina

Post by Marina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Elyssa wrote: So....what if you just had a glass of milk or a cafe au lait in the mornings? Caloric drinks do NOT count as snacks on No-S, so you could just consume a caloric drink like those two options in the morning.

Make lunch your first plate. Maybe as early as 11:30 AM.

Have your second plate around 5:30 PM.

Third plate when it's convenient to sit down: either 8:00 PM or even as late as 11:30 PM.

That is a possibility I could see based on the parameters you provided.
And I bet you come home very tired quite often!!! :wink:
Good luck, Elyssa
Elyssa, that might actually work! I don't feel i could do this every day, but on those days i get home after 8 i guess having just a cup (or cups :D) of coffe in the morning, lunch at noon, 2nd meal at 5:30 and last meal whenever i get home would be feasible. I'm used to thinking that café au lait is a snack because it has milk in it so i'll just have black coffe.

I'm actually pretty excited with your sugestion! Thank you!

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 am

I personally would go with the 5:30 pm sandwich or something and just get used to the hunger at 11:30 pm when you go to bed.
I don't like the feeling that I'm hungry at bedtime, but truly it is healthier not to roll around on all that food all night. Your metabolism slows when you sleep and there is no need to have a full stomach then. It might not fit what people around you are doing, but I think it's good for the digestive system.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Let us know how it's going.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)