Anotherjen's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

anotherjen

Anotherjen's Check-In

Post by anotherjen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi!

My name is Jen and I'm a 36 YO full time working mom of two awesome kiddos. I work out regularly (usually 6 days/week for an hour) but have needed to get a better handle on my food intake for a while now. As a passionate hater of calorie counting, I am excited to give this a try!

I am 5'10" and starting this journey at 178 lbs and would love to get below 160. If that takes a year or more, that's totally fine. I want to find something sustainable!

I know my biggest challenge is going to be not nibbling throughout the day. :-)

My planned mods (we'll see how this goes and I'll adjust if needed):

No more than one glass/wine on N days (I am targeting no more than two glasses total during the week but I'm not going to be super rigid starting out)

Sweets are okay on N days as long as it's the meal vs. dessert. (Ie: a muffin for breakfast is okay)

Today is an S day and so far so good LOL.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 am

Welcome! I hope your first week goes well!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation