Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breeze94 daily check in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breeze94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Breeze94 daily check in Reply with quote

I've done ALL the diets and they've ALL worked(I lost weight). They all failed for the reasons previously outlined here. I have made the point before that the reason they work is because they all end up causing you to eat fewer calories and I never really bought the "science". I finally found this one(I can't believe I just now discovered it) that essentially provides a way to help me eat fewer calories without any of the bad science so I believe I'll be able to stick with it. We'll see!

Started Monday. Monday, Tues, Wed have been green days. So far so good today. Question
breeze94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 4 is in the books. Green day although I took advantage of the fact that "quality" of food doesn't matter I still kept it to three - one plate meals. I'm down about 4 lbs but that is primarily because I started the day after father's day which was a major binge day for me. So far so good.
breeze94

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished my first week of N days and made it to S days successfully. I've done a lot of diets and I learned through those that 'cheat' days were critical to being able to continue on and also generally helped with plateaus. Since this isn't really a "diet" I'm having a bit of a struggle with letting go but I want to follow the habit building formula so off to get a donut...
breeze94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first S day worked out pretty well. Coincided with a friends birthday celebration and I could enjoy it without much thought. I still pretty much skipped snacking and my breakfast and lunch were N day compliant. I never did get that donut. Smile Dinner was part of the celebration and since it was an S day I didn't have to figure out if the multiple options would fit on a plate. So far this is the easiest "diet" I've ever followed and one I can actually envision sticking with. The biggest part that I think I have to look out for is not to expect that big initial weight loss. Most other diets cause a huge water loss in the first 10 days that "feels" like great progress even though it is an illusion.
breeze94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it though my second S day without going too crazy. Enjoyed and happy to be back to N days for a few. Week 1 complete, down 3 lbs.
breeze94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success for my first N day coming off the weekend. Today will be an S day for my son's birthday dinner but I'll limit that to just a little dessert.
bd88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great progress, breeze!
breeze94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First "special" S day went well. Had normal breakfast and lunch, dinner was pizza but I kept it to one plate. Ice cream for celebratory dessert. All in all pretty happy I didn't go crazy.
breeze94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success Wed and Thurs. Need to make it through today to have my 2nd successful week. Heading out for a week of vacation tomorrow. Have to read some of those vacation strategy threads before Monday!
breeze94

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday successful. Looking forward to a couple S days and still deciding how I'm going to treat my vacation this week.
breeze94

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from vacation. I marked all last week as red. I actually didn't do too badly and might even have had a few green days in there but I just didn't really keep track. Weight held steady, down about 3.5 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm going to mix in a little low(ish) carb this week to move the scale a bit. Essentially that means in addition to no sweets, I'll do no bread/flour.
Merry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

breeze94 wrote:
Back from vacation. I marked all last week as red. I actually didn't do too badly and might even have had a few green days in there but I just didn't really keep track. Weight held steady, down about 3.5 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm going to mix in a little low(ish) carb this week to move the scale a bit. Essentially that means in addition to no sweets, I'll do no bread/flour.

3.5 lbs. in 3 weeks is great! And so is holding steady on vacation. Congrats!

1 year and counting!

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"Surrender to the sensible." - Yellowtulips
"Believe conquering sweets is doable." - Oolala
breeze94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Merry!
breeze94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on track after vacation, green for Monday.
breeze94

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a green week following my vacation week. Enjoyed my S days without being an "idiot". Very Happy

Down 1 more lb this week for 4.5 total in 4 weeks. Looking at the month ahead, I'm hopeful I can make the 21 day club. 7 down, 14 to go.
breeze94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Monday, interestingly I generally have not been a huge snacker and the no snacking part of this has been no issue until this week. Having definite cravings to snack yesterday and today. I think its been the meals I've had so far. A little too heavy on the processed carb side and probably short on protein and fat. Have to pay closer attention to what I eat the rest of today and see if that knocks down the cravings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: