Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-Vanilla No Sers: what are your tweaks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1dub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Non-Vanilla No Sers: what are your tweaks? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of doing smaller plates for 1-2 meals a day while still doing Vanilla No-S. What do you do to tweak the plan to work for you?

Committed 7.12.16 | Vanilla No S
LifeisaBlessing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi k1dub! Smile

My mod was/is to eat three meals/plates a day of any food--no restrictions. Instead of weekend "S" days, I simply eat this way seven days a week. I got the idea for this mod from NoS member "3-0-7 girl." Smile

~Jimmy Dean
Bluebell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only mod I have needed is no snacking at all, even on S days. This has helped my keep my S days reasonably well under control. I do still have a tendency to go a bit crazy at mealtimes on S days, I allow myself sweets and seconds and sometimes eat mindlessly- I have come to the conclusion I need this release though. Its only 2 days a week and somehow by Monday I am back into N days with no problem.
Edit - I am definitely a vanilla No Ser so maybe I don't fit the criteria, oops!
Skycat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only mod is to allow fruit. When I have fruit with a meal I don't virtual plate it, I just have however much I want directly after the meal. I also allow myself to eat fruit between meals without calling it a red day (although I don't do this very rarely and try very hard to stick to only eating fruit with meals).
RhiVir2016

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do 4 days where I eat 2 plates a day only (Mon-Thurs, my work days). I'm still not losing! It's a work in progress - I might adopt the idea of not snacking on S days.
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhiVir2016 wrote:
I do 4 days where I eat 2 plates a day only (Mon-Thurs, my work days). I'm still not losing! It's a work in progress - I might adopt the idea of not snacking on S days.

Why not start a daily check in to give members an idea of your meals, S-days and activities? Do you have a sedentary job, etc? In my case, losing wt. is helped with walking regularly, but everyone is different.
babybird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhiVir2016
I would also agree with the previous poster. How about having a daily check in where u write down what your eating at meals. That way some posters can guide you if needed. They r a very supportive bunch!!

I can do this, Believe in yourself!
Selcazare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a few mods mostly because No S has been my default for a while. I only eat two meals + coffee with coconut milk every day—even on S days and I don't snack. Even on S day I try to keep my sugar consumption very low (preferably none at all). 90% of my meals are Whole 30/paleo because I feel excellent eating that way and the health results are too good to give up. This may look like a diet to other people but I've naturally made my way here and feel really good about it, especially now that the weight is coming off consistently.
osoniye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes "trade" a weekend day for a weekday NWS day if there is nothing going on, on the weekend, but I'm having a social event during the week. These "trades" work for me in a way that "floating S days" did not!
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main mod is that I've decided to stick to three meals a day on S days. I've been doing this for nearly 3 months. Doing 3 meals every day has made getting the habit much easier.
k1dub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I like the 3 meal S day idea. Did you see increased losses from it?

Committed 7.12.16 | Vanilla No S
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I started 3 meals a day on No S, I was having a period of disordered eating again during which I put back the weight I had lost on previous months of Nos. So going to 3 meals allowed me to get my eating back in order, stop putting on weight, and start losing slowly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: