Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restaurant Meals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobinM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Restaurant Meals Reply with quote

I'm struggling with how to handle restaurant meals. Appetizers, bread, big meal... what counts as a plate and no seconds?
Lady Brachiosaur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go literal. Order a main course and count that as the single plate. No bread, no appetisers, no dessert unless it's an occasion meal like a birthday. Restaurant portions are already so huge that one plate is enough
Bluebell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Eating out can be tricky on N days, but you really do have to just have a main course. I usually have a coffee if others are having a dessert. Try and ignore the bread, appetisers etc and just focus on ordering something really delicious for your main, and really enjoy every mouthful.
MaggieMae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the restaurant has really great bread, or chips and salsa at a Mexican place, I enjoy them but I never eat all my food on my plate. I almost always leave with a doggy bag to have for lunch the next day.
I never order appetizers or dessert just because I know it will make me feel uncomfortably full.
Merry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often? Once every month or two, it probably doesn't matter a whole lot.

If it's weekly or every other week, I'd be a lot more strict.

28.5 lbs. down, 34.5 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.

"...slim cultures...value not overeating. They don't eat more of a food just because it's good. They enjoy the food more."--Oolala
osoniye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to coordinate restaurant meals with S days or NWS days.
I like to enjoy those extra things as a special treat when I can.
oolala53

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much trained myself to wait until the entree to eat. I don't order appetizers, but there are often ones to share, so I put what I want from them on my plate when it comes before I start eating. I save salad, too. I sip my drink while others eat and really relish those first few bites of my meal! I will sometimes ask for a leftovers container right away and put enough food in that so that what's left on the plate is about what I know is enough. Then I relax and eat what's there. I'm usually the last person to finish eating. And I'm almost always too full to really enjoy an expensive dessert, though I might share one on an S day.

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: