I'm back...slow and steady wins the race :)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nagla929

I'm back...slow and steady wins the race :)

Post by Nagla929 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:20 am

I'm back after MANY years and even more failed attempts to lose weight. So, here goes...starting weight 153.8 lbs....my weight nowadays is in the 150-155 range.

August 20, 2017: Day 1-S day

August 21: Day 2-SUCCESS :D

August 22: Day 3-Red day-Dad made fried oreos! I had two of them...figured it was better to give in and eat them after the third time that my dad asked if I had tried them...lol, they were really yummy, too. Tasted just like the ones on the boardwalk when you're vacationing at the beach. Anywho, counting it as a red day and moving on. :wink:

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Welcome back! I hope you have a great first week :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Nagla929

Post by Nagla929 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks, Merry. My first week was good. :D

August 23, 2017: Day 4-SUCCESS

August 24: Day 5-SUCCESS

August 25: Day 6-SUCCESS

August 26, 2017: Day 7-S day

August 27: Day 8-S day

Today, I'm aiming for GREEN