Kayeff's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kayeff

Kayeff's check in

Post by Kayeff » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:29 am

Hi, I'm new here. I've been trying to do Nos for about a week and so far I'm failing more than succeeding, but I think trying to do it and failing is better than eating my head off, which is basically what I've been doing for the last 18 months or so, while pretending to myself that I'm an intuitive eater.

I get a lot of migraine (more than one a week) and when I do I need to eat every few hours or I feel much worse. I've also realised that a lot of my eating is driven by stomach discomfort rather than actual hunger, and probably related to stomach acidity. So some days I have had one snack but I am keeping them small and not sweet. I'm trying to deal with the acidity problem but I think the migraine is a lost cause after 50 years or so. It hasn't always been as bad as it is now and maybe improvement in my general health and fitness will help.

On the plus side, I've kept off sweets except on designated S days and am feeling much the better for it. And I've never much been one for seconds so that isn't a problem.

Eating only three times a day is a huge shock to my system and I expect it will take a while to settle down. Meantime I'm just going to keep trying...

osoniye

Re: Kayeff's check in

Post by osoniye » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Kayeff wrote:Eating only three times a day is a huge shock to my system and I expect it will take a while to settle down. Meantime I'm just going to keep trying...
It will if you hang in there. It will settle down and feel completely normal!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".