Interesting Article

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cedar

Interesting Article

Post by cedar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 am

Thought this was relevant to No S with the slow and steady weight loss and most importantly keeping it off for good..not the 5 meals a day though!
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health- ... y87h3.html

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:04 pm

My weight loss was even more uneven, but since weight loss wasn't my first goal, that was okay with me. I went months and months overweight and not losing. Then I would have a few very light weekends and have a drop. Miraculously, I wouldn't regain it. It edged down 40 lbs. over two years.

The one thing I would say is that it can be trickier to maintain small losses than it sounds like. People who restrict just to lose, instead of for other reasons as well, can easily go back to overeating when they take breaks.

I say there's nothing realistic about eating five times a day and keeping those eating events small enough not to overeat. NO slim CULTURE lives that way, at least not ones that have access to food regularly. Individuals might;the masses, no.

It's also not true that you won't encounter some of the problems of losing faster. The metabolic rate drops when you lose no matter what, with small exceptions, because you burn less when you weigh less than you have. Sure, you can probably put on some muscle, but it most people aren't going to keep up the habits it takes to do that to any great degree. I know I now eat less to maintain than I did when I was this weight long ago, but it's true that because the changes were gradual and enjoyable, they are sustainable. It's just how I eat.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)