Hi, I'm new.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

healthyskillz

Hi, I'm new.

Post by healthyskillz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I had joined the August challenge a couple of weeks ago but w/o properly introducing myself, hehe...

I'm a Dutch female, late twenties and i came across No S last winter. It was LIFE CHANGING. First of all, Reinhard, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience for free online and also for collecting it in a book.

For 11 years i have been struggling with binge eating. Especially last winter when i was also suffering from seasonal affective disorder, i was binging every other day. I was so sick of it, i searched for help/answers/solutions desperately online for hours. Eventually via eatlikeanormalperson.com (guess what my google search words were...) i came across no s.

No s and also therapy which focused on the root of my problems (in my case perfectionism) have helped me make huge progress. These last nine months i have experienced a ton of "firsts":
1st time of feeling hunger between meals and NOT reacting as if it is some kind of emergency that needs to be solved asap
1st time of being able to eat 3 meals a day and realizing i can do this
Being able to stop after one serving
Having less cravings
1st month EVER binge free(!!!!)
1st time ever to eat an ice cream flavor i chose and enjoy, instead of binging on whatever is lying around in the freezer
Just enjoying food so much more bc im truly hungry
I could go on and on....

Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

even if u hadn't realized it, u were already a major help and support. Everyone on here seems so reasonable which is just so nice for someone like me who has struggled with negative, harsh eating disorder related thoughts for so long.

Btw: my blog is healthyskillz.tumblr.com. I post about No S, what I eat, exercise, recipes etc.

Ok, thanks for reading this bio lol!
Last edited by healthyskillz on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Not giving up = winning!" // healthyskillz.tumblr.com
F/30-ish. BED recovered. Mod: pre-dinner fruit.

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Welcome! So glad to have you here, and what an encouragement to read about the successes you've had! I'm so happy for you! I love that No-S is sane eating.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi and welcome to NoS😊 It sounds as if NoS is exactly what you are looking for to help with the binge eating. I wish you lots of good luck, and do keep us updated with your progress.
"You'll know where the North Star is ⭐️" - Oolala

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi, I'm glad you found us and that our little tribe is useful to you. No-s really can work wonders.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:39 am

Isn't it great to find out that bingeing is not a life sentence, nor does it need elaborate plans, or years of therapy, though that could benefit life in other ways. Nor having to eat five/six times a day and never let yourself get hungry, yada yada yada. (It's interesting that you came from eatlikeanormalperson, since I think we sometimes lose people to it, though I have no idea what the longterm success is. But we don't have official stats on that, either.)

Glad to have you. We can all use support. Yes, it's ironic that support is needed for what is basically so reasonable and smart, but it's a nutty world out there.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

healthyskillz

Post by healthyskillz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for your replies!

It really is a nutty world and it seems as if 99% of people are dieting 99% of the time. No S is so simple and indeed sane but it's nice to know I'm not alone when I have to resist the urge to join yet another dieting hype. So I'm glad I joined!
"Not giving up = winning!" // healthyskillz.tumblr.com
F/30-ish. BED recovered. Mod: pre-dinner fruit.

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Welcome, I'm adding your website. Thanks

https://healthyskillz.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Hayz88

Post by Hayz88 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:20 am

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being on the forum and I'm going to try to log into Tumblr and follow your tumblog. :)