Chris' Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

astrid7

Chris' Daily Check In

Post by astrid7 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Success

astrid7

Success

Post by astrid7 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Today Saturday 28th - 173.4. Down 2 lbs from a few days ago.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:01 am

Down 2 lbs from a few days ago
Good going! Hope all goes well in the coming week.

astrid7

Daily Check In

Post by astrid7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:59 am

Sunday - S Day.

astrid7

Check in

Post by astrid7 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Today weighted 173.2 - great! Monday, yesterday, success.

astrid7

Not so great

Post by astrid7 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Have been staying on the No S diet - Fri, Sat and Sun were S days. I now weigh 176.4!!! I have no idea why. My clothes are fitting the same, so maybe the yoga is creating muscle weight? I'm more interested in getting a leaner stronger body than actual pounds but still. Discouraged a little.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi astrid,

I'm sorry you're feeling a bit discouraged. I had to stick to "vanilla" no-s for several months before I could really look at what I was eating and make some changes to what was going on my plate. I'm glad I didn't rush it as I think that having a framework to work around made the eventual modifications that much easier to implement.

I do know what you mean though. Sometime I get discouraged because it seems as though I can't deviate at all or I start to gain again. In my case, I'm past menopause and it seems as though I need only a tiny fraction of the calories that I needed in the past.

In any case, I'm sure that if you continue to eat modestly a la the no-s diet and continue your yoga practice that you'll make progress and that eventually you'll find your path.

Best of luck to you this week.

Oh, and maybe the weight gain is water? I know that I always weigh a pound or two higher on Mondays than Fridays.

astrid7

Mid week

Post by astrid7 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Hm - today I weigh 175.2 so down almost a pound from yesterday. No success yesterday on diet or yoga. Need to press on.