Interesting Article

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ZippaDee

Interesting Article

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:21 am

I found this article very interesting in that it is so very similar to No S. I thought you might too.

www.straightforwardfatloss.com/lose-wei ... -calories/
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Excellent article, ZippaDee! Thanks so much for posting. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Amazing how our wise leader did this (even simpler) 16 years ago, when this young man was probably in high school. This guy's more complicated list is probably where most successful No Sers get to by trial-error-success, though we would call them mods.

But it is good to find similar tribes out there.

I think we used to have a thread just for such connections but there are only so many stickies to have, and several are now hidden in the Stick of Stickies thread.

I left him a long post.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks Zippadee for posting that link. I like his approach of doing the easiest, most effective actions first, for having specific rules, and for trying something and then modifying it until it works. I also agree with him about the importance of consistency. I don't share his enthusiasm for calorie counting, although he does give some useful alternatives. I also thought his rates of weight loss were too high for older women with not much to lose. I can't even begin to imagine how hungry I would have to be to lose several lbs a month. However, these are minor criticisms.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

I like Law 10. Naturally!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."