Visual guide of meals please

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lottiesue

Visual guide of meals please

Post by lottiesue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:40 am

Hi can I just get a rough guide - visual (a snapshot) on how much to eat on a plate. Thank you. I digital version of the book. There is a breakfast kind of a plan and that was great thanks

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Lottiesue,
It really varies by person. Some people like to make their plates "heavy" to be sure they can make it to the next meal. Others like to keep it "light" to ensure they are hungry. Personally, I'm 56 years old, female and 5 feet 4 inches tall so need less than a thirty something 5 foot 8 inch lady. On the other hand, I run 4 days a week and walk the other 3 so I need a bit more than if were sedentary. It's really a trial and error method. I will say though that I need a lot less than I imagined when I started. I suggest you start by using your best guesstimate. If you're not hungry at your next meal, it's too much. If you are "starved" on hour or two in, it's too little. The process works pretty well if you're careful to avoid the perils of "don't be an idiot". By that I mean, if you choose the biggest plate in the house and load it with fried everything with a side of cheesy-pasta and a couple beers to wash it down. Well, you might need to adjust. Otherwise, make your choices, monitor how you feel afterwards and adjust accordingly.

Best of luck to you.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 pm

I don't have photos, but for a while I was weighing my plate. After tare-ing the plate I would shoot for 13-14 oz, 3 times per day. That worked well for me and you kind of get used to how much food that looks like. If you are eating heavy food, you may find that is too much, or if light food too little. It worked for me though... I might have to get back to that...
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 am

Does anyone know how to upload photos? I can't get those multiple-photo arrays on Facebook. Just a few on my laptop.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)