Hi - An Update!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mustloseweight

Hi - An Update!

Post by Mustloseweight » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well.

Well, in a second I will change my profile. I am now 17st 4lbs and so have lost 33lbs since last August 2017.

How? All sorts of ways but the biggest change has been stopping all medications for Bipolar as I agreed with my doctor that that was a misdiagnosis. So that was stopping, beta blockers that slowed my heart rate, mood stabilisers that increase appetite, two anti depressants and reflux medication. There were some others but in the main that was what I was on and I estimate that when I started these medications I put on about five stones in weight.

My confidence boosted, I then stopped sucking Nicotine lozenges which had become a real issue and something I had done for years.

I started this detox beginning Nov 2017 and the two months after were hell and no lie, horrendous. I went totally cold turkey, no weaning off and it was dreadful but I stand by that as the best way of knocking it on the head.

In January I bought a Fitbit that measures heart rate. I have unconsciously become more active and started new hobbies with new toys. I bought a steam generator iron all singing and dancing and took up ironing as a new hobby! My Fitbit clocks up so many active minutes standing ironing for two hours.

I have counted calories for a month so I got used to what portions should be like and what foods should be on the plate and then when confident ditched counting and have three meals a day. Not specifically No S as I have got through cravings with fruit between meals, but I feel ready now to put the fruit on the plate at mealtimes and drink more between meals.

I am confident that the weight will continue to come off. I have started doing some exercise DVDs at home as well every now and again and am doing a sponsored 5km walk in May for Cancer Research.

I am ready to recommit to No S now, without the meds and cravings for high fat high sugar foods, I think it will be a lot easier than previous attempts. I have never given up my belief that one day No S would work because the sanity of the system is beyond obvious. I am proof that even if it takes seven years to start to see the results, just keep going doing the best you can, 10% compliance is better than 0% compliance!

Have a good week friends!

Anne x
September 2017 - Starting weight: 19st 9lbs
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟
Target Weight: 11 stones

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm

THis is wonderful news, Anne! I wish you all the best. I recently came off anti-anxiety/depression meds. It was so hard to come off of them! But now I feel like a fog has been lifted. I'm definitely more active without thinking about it. Hey, if you run out of ironing, come on over to Ohio! :lol:
Your statement about 10% compliance being better than 0% compliance is exactly what I needed to hear today! I might write that on a note card and put it on my mirror. And my refrigerator.
:D

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 am

Great to hear your good news.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Anne - This is absolutely wonderful news! Many blessings and congratulations to you! ðŸ‘
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Great news, I am really pleased for you and confident you'll succeed :D

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

elegantportions

Post by elegantportions » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Mustloseweight wrote:10% compliance is better than 0% compliance!
I am copying this to the Catch Phrase Sticky.

Congratulations, Mustloseweight!
Thanks for such an encouraging update.
Keep up the good work.
EP
5'5" Female Age 62
Dec 2018 Year 5 BMI = 25.8

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks for the wonderful update. I look forward to following along with you in your journey!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Wow, a big congrats Anne! 33 lbs. in six months is a big deal. Good luck with recommitting to NoS. Keep up the great work.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Mustloseweight

Thank you everyone!

Post by Mustloseweight » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you everyone!

I have bought another new toy today. A new Dyson vacuum. Did the whole house including the stairs when it arrived and by the last room the sweat was leaving drips on the kitchen floor. Really committed to getting fit whilst cleaning my house!!!

Have had three plates today and ironed for three hours solid, as I caught up with the washing over the weekend.

Just going for one day at a time.

Have a good week everyone.

Anne x
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟

Larkspur

Post by Larkspur » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Great update! Gratz on the Dyson :)

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

That's great Anne good on you!
I purchased a Dyson stick not long ago and absolutely love it..I was a bit hesitant because of the expense but it's been a good investment.

Keep on keeping on ðŸ‘.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm

This is stunningly good news! I am so so so happy for you. I sometimes worried that I may have been too rough at times, though I did usually ask for permission. I suspected that it was mostly a matter of really getting things in perspective about what the biggest thing in the way was and whether you were ready to tackle it. You did that in spades! And way more brave about it than I am. I can only imagine how those first months off meds were. A badge of honor for you! I'm betting that experience alone is helping you immeasurably to believe in yourself and navigate this next stage. I have faith that you will know or figure out the best route to your version of No S.

You may have to eventually change your username to "lostweight;" "don't'have toloseweightanymore" is a little too long.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Mustloseweight

Post by Mustloseweight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I cannot quite believe it Oolala. I have always appreciated your most thoughtful input, it is quite possibly the steel girders that are now holding up my shrinking structure!

It is obvious what makes us gain weight and not lose when you are in the three meal, three plate regimen. I am enjoying each meal, and am totally satisfied in between.

I seem to go for healthy choices instinctively and enjoy them. I notice I have embraced a more varied and broad lot of food choices compared to my diet mentality which led me to have the same breakfast and lunch every day - so boring - so lacking in varieties of nutrients. No more same seven ‘safe’ bland dinners on a perpetual weekly rotation of tedious unfulfilment.

The feeling of never ever being full despite large quantities of food consumed has all but disappeared and I struggled not too long ago to eat a whole bag of chocolate when before three bags would have left me wanting a fourth. I think the medication was responsible for a lot of that and interfered with normal signals of fullness to the brain.

The doctor said I was pre diabetic and now I am not, so losing some initial weight has already had a real positive impact on my health.

I am thinking my new username might be SkinnyBit !

Anne x
March 2018 - 17st 2lbs
July 2018 - 16st 4lbs
July 2020 - 17st 10lbs 😟

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Yes, that new name! So glad again for these fortuitous changes.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)