Vanilla S Strong!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LoriLifts

Vanilla S Strong!

Post by LoriLifts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Hey everybody!

Like a bad penny, or boomerang, or anything else that keeps returning, I'm back.

I have so much to say. For now, here's the cliff notes.

-My newest hobby has been power-lifting. Mostly, dead-lifts.

The good news about being 60 is that it's easy to get DL records. I currently hold the American DL record for my age/weight class. It's fun!

-My DL weight class is 123-132 lbs. Using No S has kept me comfortably in my weight class. The day before an event, you have to officially weigh in. I'm happy to say I haven't had to resort to any crash dieting before the weigh-in. A lot of people have to do so.

-My next DL event is May 5. The big magilla is in July. I've qualified for the National open in Las Vegas. My goal is to weigh 125 lbs and lift 250 lbs. My max lift is 231, I've got work to do to get there.

Vanilla S has been pretty easy. I guess that's why I haven't been around. I feel bad about this. I shouldn't only be here when I need help. I promise to keep my log updated on a regular basis. The good and the bad.

It's good to be back!
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:40 am

Always good to see a long time NoSer back, no matter what the reason. All the best with the lifting.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

anra

Post by anra » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 am

hi lori, this sound soo cool! I imagine you being a fit and tough cookie.

welcome back ... from one happy returnee to another :)
simplicity is the purest form of elegance.

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome backs!
:D :D

I'm going to spend some time catching up with everybody. But first, I have to figure out why my photo isn't loading!

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 pm

OK, time to get this blog going..

Working out of town tonight. N days are easy when I'm in a hotel.

I weighed in yesterday at 127.5 lbs. That's in the middle of my Power-lifting division so I'm a happy camper. I know I can maintain this weight if I stick to Vanilla S.

Here's what's coming up..
April 14 Tactical Strength Challenge at my gym.
May 5 Dead-lift competition
June, maybe 9? Another Dead-lift competition. This one is in CA and I can grab the World title for my division! Got to stay on Vanilla S so I don't eat myself out of my weight class.

Keep on truckin' my No S pals!

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Uh oh.
Looks like spam has invaded my blog.
I don't know how to delete it.
Maybe I'll start a new one.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:24 am

It happened to a bunch of ours. It’s been reported. Don’t worry about it too much.
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160