I'm BACK! With a question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moksha

I'm BACK! With a question

Post by moksha » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm back. I left NoS about six months ago, and have finally decided this is the way to go for me. I have a question though.

I tend to stay up significantly later on fridays and saturdays (probably not an uncommon phenomena) and I've been having a small snack (usually fruit or a piece of chicken, not a full meal) before bed on these days in addition to my 3 meals. I tend to eat my last meal at 5:30 or 6pm, and anything past 11pm finds me ravenous and also unable to fall asleep due to hunger.

Is this an acceptable tweak or should I really try to stick it out? Maybe it will get easier with time and I won't need it as much? I don't drink milk (decaf coffee and stevia-sweetened lemonades are my go-to between meals as well as a lot of water).

Advice much appreciated!

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 pm

I think it would be acceptable but could you eat your dinner later?
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:33 am

Soprano wrote:I think it would be acceptable but could you eat your dinner later?
I could try but my lunch break is at noon and that's already a six hour window between meals, which is definitely my upper limit (before I started NoS I ate every three hours).

sharon227

Post by sharon227 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:40 am

I know we’re not supposed to be swapping S days, but could you make Fridays and Saturdays your S days instead of Saturdays and Sundays?

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm

sharon227 wrote:I know we’re not supposed to be swapping S days, but could you make Fridays and Saturdays your S days instead of Saturdays and Sundays?
That's a great idea, I never thought of that! Thank you, will try!