No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

no peek

Post by no peek » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Last edited by no peek on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharon227

Post by sharon227 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:21 am

Hi and thanks for posting! I'm on my 4th week, and it's really interesting to see how others are making the plans their own.

Very interesting idea you have about weighing every day but not looking at the number! I'm still struggling with what to do about weighing in. I tend to either weigh daily and calculate a 7-day moving average myself - that's when I'm trying to lose -- or stop weighing altogether and have my weight creep up. Wonder if I should think about a WiFi scale.

For now, I'm planning to weigh myself Tues-Thurs every other week, take the average, and hope that gives me a good idea of what's happening without making myself nuts.

Also like you, I'm not "overweight" BMI-wise. But I have a small frame, and a 24 BMI is way too much for me. I know what a great healthy weight feels like for me, and this is not it.

My goal is to lose a pound a month, which seems like it ought to be doable. Although based on my weigh-in last week, I suspect my first month will be a wash at best.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am

Welcome No Peek. Your mods sound like something you can live with long term. Good luck. Ladybird.
    Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am

You are welcome!!!

I like your mods, especially the weight. I think it would be perfect for me, and if you do not mind, I'm going to copy it (I have an Aria scale)

May you go great with No S !!! :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Welcome, no peek.

S days were never meant to be free-for-alls for two days a week. They are a release valve. If you have a sense already of when you will get the most bang for your S bucks, go for it. You'll find out soon enough if it seems like you're asking too much.

I've continued to be very fascinated with this process (or maybe I'm just obsessed), but I do think it is supposed to become second nature, so don't feel any obligation to post much here. If it's fitting right in for the most part, ride off into the sunset as soon as you can!

If you have been restricting and then rebelling with S's a lot, you might actually have a slight gain after one month. Even if you do, it's likely a small adjustment somewhere will make the difference.

Have a great month!
    Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
    Age 69
    BMI Jan/10-30.8
    1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
    9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
    2 yrs flux 6/20 22
    1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

centrino

Post by centrino » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:01 am

Very interesting mods! One of them I was thinking about too: no snacking on weekends too. If I’m getting three physically & psychologically (diet-induced food obsession 😢) satisfying meals, I’m happy to let go of all snacking weekday or weekends. But of course I can’t be too rigid with this or it will back fire (aka: binge!).

The other one I find very interesting and want to copy is: no sweets at home. Being a stay at home mom of two very small kids I have no clear cut distinction of 5 workdays and 2 off days. So the no sweets on N-days rule wasn’t really working for me. My husband has a sweet tooth and is always bringing home sweets and stuff. The problem is that when I’m too busy and then stressed out/tired/lacking sleep I start eating that sweet stuff stocked in the kitchen to feel better. Using this no sweets at home rule, I’ll know that I can’t eat sweets even if my kitchen cupboard has them.
    Thanks for sharing.

no peek

Post by no peek » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Last edited by no peek on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm glad to see that you're doing great.

Weight loss is fantastic, but the best thing is the freedom you are feeling about food. I feel very identified with what you say about the holidays, mine was always like that until the last I did (already with No S) and they have been different in that aspect and much much better.

You keep that good!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 pm

When the shoe fits. Enjoy!
      Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
      Age 69
      BMI Jan/10-30.8
      1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
      9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
      2 yrs flux 6/20 22
      1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)