Slow Progress...

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Grete

Slow Progress...

Post by Grete » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:16 pm

I started the No S Diet mid Sep last year. The progress has been slow - 5.5 lbs weight loss to date. As retirees, we travel a part of every month, I struggle with sticking to the diet then. Also, I am not able to fall asleep hungry and have a pre-bed time snack on most No S days. Our meal times are fairly consistent: 8 a.m., 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. I sure like to make this work...
Sure want to make this work

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello Grete and welcome to No S. No S is a lot about building habits of moderate eating. Are there moderate eating habits you can practice while travelling? They may be a little different to those you do at home.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

space

Post by space » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:35 am

Keep in mind that slow progress is still good progress. I think people tend to gain weight, especially as we get older, so the fact that you've lost over 5lbs instead of gained that amount is great progress on it's own.

funnyjokes

wuxiaworld

Post by funnyjokes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 am

I have been seeking information on this topic for the past few hours and found your post to be well written and has solid information. Thank you!
wuxiaworld