Greetings from Happy and Healthy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Healthy and Happy

Greetings from Happy and Healthy

Post by Healthy and Happy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Greetings No S'ers! I've just found out that I've been following a self created No S Diet for almost 2 years - with much success. Very cool to find out about No S and Everyday Systems and the community.

A bit about current me:

F, 61yo, 5'7", 140lbs.

18 months ago I "got my act together". I decided to eat 3 delicious nutritious meals per day, no seconds, and walk at least 30 minutes a day. I added in small snacks of nuts or crackers and cheese at 11am and 4pm (give or take the timing) in order to not ever feel out of control hungry or be worried about that. Occasional treats but no S days as such. So not "pure" No S. :)

As I got more confident about how to proportion meals to last, I snacked less and less. I thought of this as the "Mom" diet, i.e. how my mom would tell me to eat and how we ate growing up. Who knew that there was a whole "No S" thing with the same message?

And - it works! I lost 20lbs at the rate of a pound or so a month, never felt hungry or deprived. I was and still am aiming for what Reinhard has well put as "ideal behavior, not ideal weight".

I've increased my exercise to include length swimming 3 times a week and I'm still reducing or limiting the snacks so my weight may drop further but I don't care if it does or doesn't. I feel great.

Congratulations to everyone else here that feels the same freedom and HUGE encouraging wishes to everyone who isn't there yet.
"There are no wizards" ~ Gretchen Rubin's Dad

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your story. It's encouraging to us all :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:29 am

Great to hear your story.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 am

So neat to hear from you and that you feel so content in the lifestyle. Bravo!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)