Success...One Button at a Time!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

Success...One Button at a Time!

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat May 28, 2005 11:50 pm

I have this nice pair of navy blue slacks that I really love, but haven't been able to wear for the last couple of years. Those few pounds over my ideal weight just made them too snug in the waist; I was always thinking, if only I could move that button over a half inch or so. Tonight, I decided to try them on, and guess what! They fit with room to spare!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sun May 29, 2005 10:29 am

Congratulations, Jan. This is the second best kind of milestone in weight loss. The worst is mere pounds, the best is someone commenting "wow, have you lost weight?"

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun May 29, 2005 11:23 am

I am so close to my best weight, that even when I get there, I doubt that anyone would notice. But I will notice, because the clothes at the back of the closet will get moved forward!

The perennial difficulty I have is that gaining, losing, and maintaining are all so close together in terms of calories consumed through food and calories burned through movement.

My ultimate goal is not clothing size or scale weight, but simply to eat three tasty nutritious meals a day with my family, have a few treats occasionally, do reasonable exercise most days of the week, and just let the weight settle where it may. I think I am finally reaching this goal through the No-S program.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun May 29, 2005 6:05 pm

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that feeling!
You earned it, so enjoy it thoroughly!
Love,
8) Deb