Weight loss among those who have followed No-S?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ClickBeetle

Weight loss among those who have followed No-S?

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:21 am

I was hoping those who have been following No-S for at least a few weeks would post (1) the pounds they've lost so far, and (2) the length of time they've been on the No-S approach.

Also helpful would be your original weight, your height, and whether you are male or female.

Just curious! - Betsy
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:18 am

Click Beetle, Clack Beetle...I remember a poem that began like that, from one of our children's poetry books.

I began No-S on May 5th. Did 3 good weeks and lost2 pounds. Last week was a crash and burn week, but did not regain any weight.

I am female, age 53, 5'1". Starting weight 108 pounds; ideal weight 100 pounds. Not that far away, so I won't be reporting any spectacular weight loss.

I like this program because it is simple, it requires nothing special, you can indulge in favorite treats on a regular basis, you don't have to tell anyone what you are doing and no one will notice anything, and, mostly, because it puts me in anxiety-free contol of something I do 21 times a week.

If you are thinking of joining us, read everthing Reinhard posted on the No-S Diet home page and ask yourself if you have ever in your life read anything about dieting or eating in general that made even close to as much sense as what he has written there. I hope you will decide to become a No-S-er! :D

Kevin

weight loss report...

Post by Kevin » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:22 pm

No-S is not a rapid weight loss plan, it's a keep-your-weight-normal-for-a-lifetime plan. If you are looking for something else, you might be disappointed.

That being said, I dropped three pounds my first week and two pounds my second. I expect to slow to about a pound a week. The practice of No-S has become easy: I'm rarely even tempted to eat between meals anymore, and my meal size is going down, too.

I'm a 46 year old male, about 25-30 overweight.

I do get hungry in the late afternoon.

I'm not even much tempted on S days... yesterday, I had a pretzel (one of those big ones) to celebrate Sunday.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

ClickBeetle

Very intelligent

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks, Jan ... I had already read everything on Reinhard's main No-S page, and it made a lot of sense. It just seems like a much more intelligent and less obsessive approach. Don't worry - I am not into dieting ... have never really been on a diet ... I think the whole concept is kind of silly.

A more sensible approach to me is dealing with food in context ... having ceremony and ritual around mealtimes ... and keeping rich/special foods for feast times and treats, rather than eating them out of a bag two or three times every days.

The No-S plan puts some boundaries & ceremony back around food.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

navin

Post by navin » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:36 am

Wow... you want a height, weight, and gender check? This is beginning to sound like one of those personals boards... :lol:

Just kidding of course. Anyway, I started at about 200, I'm about 5'7 or 5'8, and probably need to be at around 160. I'm a 29-year-old male.

I've been No-S-ing for about a year and a half, and have slowly and steadily lost a total of about 21 lbs. I do think (as Reinhard says on his board) that exercise is a great aid to this plan. I've found in my life experience that if I exercise OR pay attention to what I eat, I can maintain. Only if I do both can I actually start losing this blubber.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 am

Hey Betsy :D
Good luck with NoS! Make sure you combine it with exercise, as Nathan said... Reinhard has consistently walked around 3 miles a day, plus Shovelglove... And he is Mr. Super Strict!, regarding the rules!
I started in Sept last year and due to the fact that I had a lousy scale, which got lousier after I smashed it to bits with my sledgehammer, my original weight is a mystery... But I was big.
I went from around a 41 inch waist to 37 now... Managed to get through Winter without gaining anything (except the usual pms fluctuations which then reverted to normal...) so, that, to me, is amazing.. I was really on a gaining streak... I would like to lose about another 5 or 6 inches from my waist... Everyone here is different Betsy.. Some folks are hoping to lose 40 lbs and some 5 to 10... There's even one woman who already is around 115 lbs and wants to be 100!
Your success is based on your own personal mix of diet and exercise... It's a little dangerous, in my opinion, to base your expectations on other peoples personal experiences... Just try to peg which of these habits are really thwarting your success and go for it with your blinders on!
Good luck!!!
NoS Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
8) Deb
Oh, my nine year old son lost about 2.5 inches just from restricting too many sweets and snacks. Yay Richard!!!!! He looks great!
ps... Oh yeah, I'll be 38 June 22! It takes a lot more effort to make the pounds go away in comparison to when I was in my young thirties!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Welcome, Betsy. I'm even less now than I report on the home page, between 165 and 168. I haven't seen anything 170 or over in a long time. So I guess, to thoroughly answer your question, that puts me at:

sex: M
time on diet: over 3 years
loss: almost 45 pounds (almost everything lost in first year, no wobbling since)

It's even more striking if you consider that muscle weighs more than fat, since I'm much more muscular now.