Another newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

Another newbie

Post by doulachic » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Well, i have been a lurker on this site for quite some time now, and just decided this week to give this a try. I have been no-sing for about 4 days now, and today is my first S day. i have to say that i haven't really even eaten anything too bad. i mean i haven't pigged out like i was afraid i might. i had a brownie, and that was enough! wow! before i would have felt so deprived i would have eaten the whole pan! It's funny, but when you give yourself "permission" to eat something, it ceases to become the monster it once was....hhmmm...

so far i have lost about 2 or 3 pounds, i know it is probably just water weight or something, but it is still encouraging since i was definately headed on a gaining streak. i feel much more in control of myself since starting this.

well, thanks for listening. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:38 pm

Hi Doulachic! Congrats, and no more lurking for you!
Yeah, you will find that even your "out of control"/"failures" become even less terrible once you are adhering to the rules during the week....
And, what's weirder, even, is that when you get into this, and then find yourself transgressing, it just doesn't taste as good, really......
So have fun bringing babies into the world, and tell all the new Mommies and Daddies you meet about NoS!!!
Love and Peace,
8) Debbie

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:57 am

Thanks Debbie! I LOVE my job!!

well, it looks like my weekend has gone pretty well. i have had a few goodies, but not a ton. and i have stuck to the "no seconds" at mealtime even though i had two s-days. and i am not dreading the no-s days because i know i can have anything i want if i wait 5 measly days!

it feels so good not to be stuffed at mealtime! it's like you forget what that feels like when you are always overeating. so simple, eh? i have tried this kind of a non-diet before: eating only when hungry, and only until satisfied. but i never seemed to have the disipline to keep doing it. every tiny twinge was a "hunger" pain. :D i like no-sing because it is a more strict scheduale. it is working really well for me mentally as well as physically! i can see myself doing this for a long time, hopefully forever.

thanks for listening to my rambling! :oops: :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:32 am

Hi DC!

Take it from me, the check-in really helps. I'm one of those people who doesn't feel like they're really doing anything unless someone else knows about it. So it's a great way to stay motivated. Good luck!!

Betsy
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:08 am

Welcome, Doulachic! I'm glad you have decided to join us on the board! You sound like you're off to a really good start. Hope you will post often. I see you've already found the Daily Check-in. :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:05 pm

Welcome, doulachic! Thanks for officially signing up. Lurking is fine, but it warms my heart to see the registered member count go up, and it's a good way to "officialize" your decision (decisions are so much easier to back out of when you're not 100% sure you've really made them). The check-ins are useful because though you can coast on your initial enthusiasm for a few days, it takes a few weeks to build the habit (when it gets easy again), and you'll need some other fuel to run on till then. The gentle pressure of a sympathetic audience is perfect for that hybrid state.