I'm totally flabbergasted!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

doulachic

I'm totally flabbergasted!

Post by doulachic » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:21 am

Ok, i went in tonight for my official weekly weigh-in at my TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) group. And i have lost 3 1/2 pounds this week!!! :shock: You have to understand that i have been on a gaining streak for the last month or so. The only thing that i have done differently is that last Tuesday i began this No-S diet.

Hey guys! It works! I know, I'm preachin' to the chior. :D I know that i won't lose this much every week, but it sure is a confidence booster! I think i'll stick with this no-sing, thank you very much. :wink:

I'll keep you posted!
Thank you, Reinhard!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:17 am

Way to go, Doulachic!!! Just keep eatin' and movin' and the pounds will take care of themselves. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:55 pm

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats and good work, well rewarded! :D
Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:52 am

Congratulations, doulachic. Just brace yourself that it's not going to continue quite that quickly, and there will be some bumps on the way, even if your behavior is perfect. I know you know this, but knowing and bracing aren't quite the same. This is a slow braise, not a saute. It's just one tiny degree from maintenance, because that's ideally what you'll be spending most of your life doing, so you might as well start practicing now.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:33 am

Reinhard, i do know that it won't always be that much weight loss in a week (darn it all! :lol: ), but thanks for the reminder. about two years ago, i was almost 200 pounds. i managed to lose about 30 pounds, but then i got so sick of dieting that i decided i'd had it! i've just tried to "eat normally" for the last year and have managed to maintain, so i'm used to the slow process. but the problem for me is that what i think eating normally is, is actually totally overeating. if i really liked something, i would load my plate up. kind of like a "i'd better eat my fill now or it will be gone" thinking? (i have teenagers, so this is not totally unfounded :lol: ) not to mention that i had not put sweets into their proper place. i was starting to slip into a bad habit of not only overeating regular food, but also overeating sweets as well. like not just one candy bar at a time, but two or three. no wonder i started gaining again!

but i have noticed that since i have started this new no-s way of eating, it has put things into perspective for me. i have my one plate of food and it's like "wow, this IS enough food for now". I am finding that this is a more disiplined way of "normal eating" for me, and that eventually it will be completely normal and i won't even think of the "rules", i will simply be doing them. as for the sweets, i have not felt deprived, or had intense cravings since i started this. yes, i still think about those sweets! but now i just wait. anyway, didn't mean to ramble on. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:38 am

wow! One week later and I have lost another 1.5 pounds! That makes a total of 5 pounds since starting NO-S! I'm hoping this fast loss will continue at least until i reach the 160's (169 would be REALLY welcome right now!) Hey, it's only 3.5 pounds away, it could happen! :wink:

Keep up the good work everyone!
***GRINS***
Tricia

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:07 pm

Congratulations Tricia!!!
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reinhard mentions some great idea on either Nos or SG homepage which I always thought was very astute and also inspiring, but I won't attempt to mangle the quote... Something about our the power of expectations...
I'll look for it...
Reinhard, you can step in here if you wish :wink: ...

We really do psych ourselves out sometimes, but when we do the opposite we can accomplish amazing things!!!

Keep the faith girly girl!!! Hope you're getting better...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:46 am

ok, I definately overdid it on the s-days this week! Between my hubby's birthday, the weekend, and Uncle Sam's birthday, I managed to gain 1 pound. :x It is only due to my own stupidity, NOT the effects of the no-s lifestyle. I simply got off track and indulged too much. But now I have my priorities straight once more. This is still the most forgiving "diet" that I know of! Hope you all are doing well. :D
***GRINS***
Tricia