Weird Winter Weather

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
JustAnnie

Weird Winter Weather

Post by JustAnnie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 am

This has been the weirdest winter weather I can ever remember. At Christmas time I motored all the way up to Michigan and never saw a flake of snow yet. That is unheard of during Christmas week! In fact, I have yet to see a flake of snow this whole winter!! I've lived half a century and never remember such a thing.

I've heard several explanations for this phenomena and I know some of you have gotten hit hard with snow. Since the board members here span a large geographical area, my question is: How has the winter been where you are??
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Michele

Got Snow?

Post by Michele » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:18 am

Well, Here in Indiana, there is just a dusting of snow. I went all the way up to Northern Michigan to see my parents, and there was no snow there at all, the lakes are finally starting to freeze over.
A friend of mine in Poland said that the kids are upset that there is no snow there either. So I guess it's bad everywhere.
I remember growing up making snow forts and shoveling snow at LEAST 3 times a day.
The people who depend on the snow for the tourist season are really hurting, I feel bad for all those people who might loose everything they work so hard for.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:18 am

We finally got our first snow fall on Feb. 1. That is the longest I've ever gone into winter without seeing snow! :shock:
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Informatix

Post by Informatix » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:33 am

I live in the Northwest and it snowed TODAY. This winter/spring has been very strange.