All right I did it! I have a goal (m)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tagatose

All right I did it! I have a goal (m)

Post by Tagatose » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:05 pm

Besides No S that is. Never did make the switch to shovelglove, and doing the NoS for 2 months or so and never did the exercise part of it. Well last week I did something about that.....I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in Jan 2006. Now I just did one Jan 2005, but I walked all 26.2 miles of that one. This time I want to run it. :shock:
I have no running ability. When I started last week "running~ yea that is what I'll call what I was doing" I couldn't even do 1.5 miles. So this is going to be a long road to 13 miles, but at the very least I know I can walk it (with training that is).

I do like the BB formate....just going to take some getting use to....It was nice having the e-mails come to me...but this is going to be nicer....as my box will not fill up! 8)
Lisa~South Carolina

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:10 am

Hi Lisa,

Congratulations! Events like this can be a great spur to build habits. There's something so pointless feeling about exercise just for it's own sake, but when you have a goal like this to shoot for, it feels more meaningful.