To our British contingent of EDS'ers....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

To our British contingent of EDS'ers....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:28 pm

Not diet related here, but I just wanted to offer my support and condolences to those people who were hurt in any way by the terrorist bombings in London today... It is a sad and crazy world we live in... May peace prevail one day!
God Bless you and wishing you and the rest of the world,
Peace and Love,
Debbie

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:28 pm

Yes, horrible stuff that brought back vivid recollections here in the US and I am sure all our hearts go out to those in the UK now.

As if the world didn't have enough troubles without these deliberate evil acts.

I thought Mr. Blair's address at the close of the day was quite eloquent and stirring, and it is remarkable how people have responded to the emergency.

Let's all continue to hope for peace.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:45 am

Hello. I too am very saddened to hear about what happened in London. We Americans love the British (in fact, I happen to be married to one), and I know all our hearts go out to them at this moment. We immediately called family in London to make sure they were okay, but they didn't call back for hours. My sister-in-law finally called to say that they were all okay but that it was "quite distressing".

So, to our No S friends from the U.K. know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dru

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:52 am

It seems silly and almost wrong to worry about diet on a day like this. I lived and worked briefly in London, and my heart truly goes out to you. Violence and death is horrible anywhere, but when conducted with such deliberate cruelty, in such a magnificent city, it seems an affront against the soul of mankind. I should have started this thread myself, I guess I was a little too stunned. Thanks, Deb, for stepping up.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:00 am

Yes, it is a horrible tragedy when people feel the need to use violence to get their point across. Such loss is so senseless. My prayers are definately with you all.
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

carolejo

Thanks everyone.

Post by carolejo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:17 am

Me and Mine are all fine and accounted for, although several people I know spent long and uncomfortable nights stuck in London on friend's sofas or in the office as they couldn't get back home.

It was a big shock. But we will pravail and they won't win by trying to blow us up.
C.
CaroleJo

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:21 am

I felt for the people of London as I felt at 9/11 in our own USA. We are allies of the strongest sort, tied together not only politically and militarily, but also by the very roots of our language,literature, history, law,and culture. Yesterday's attack was not surprising, but it was a shock and a grief nonetheless. The well-being of the people of England will be in my prayers.

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks everyone.
C.
CaroleJo