Pro Organic Mice reap diet benefits...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Pro Organic Mice reap diet benefits...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:44 pm

Hey all, I just wanted to mention that I read a little article the other day which compared the diets of mice who ate normal grains etc.. versus all organic...
Apparently, the ones who ate organic, ate significantly less (less appetite? more satisfied?) and had significantly leaner body masses...

It's such a shame that organic has to be so much more expensive.. But in light of this, you may just balance out your checkbook in the end, by eating comparatively less in order to be satisfied...
We all know those pesticides, and bioengineered stuff isn't good for you, but who knew it might even help you lose weight to go organic!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:03 pm

I found a local farm and organic really isn't more expensive if you eat local. Also, regular milk prices are so high that now organic milk is very close in price to regular.

Also, with organic, I eat less meat & more eggs and shell beans ... which is both cheaper and healthier than a meat-focused diet. A dollar or two worth of lentils or black beans will keep you alive for a week! It isn't monotonous when you add all the yummies ... cook it in leftover chicken broth, serve with a generous dollop of sour cream, chop ripe field tomatoes into it ...

Food is underpriced in the US & we have come to expect Walmart prices from everything.

Also, if you cook from scratch you spend SO much less than you do compared to the cheapest take-out or even fast food. Nothing is faster, easier, cheaper or more delicious than lentil soup a la "Joy of Cooking" with a nice ham bone in it. Don't get me started. Slurp!
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:08 pm

I'm coming over and I'm gonna swipe that ham hock out of those beans!!!
Hee! You're right about preparing at home... I went shopping today and am prepared to eat at least 80 percent of our meals this week at home...
Good advice Tricia!
You must come over and cook for us some day!!!
If I have a dollop of sour cream, it's usually a doozie!!! LOL....
Love,
Deb

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:00 am

Did I give advice that I can't remember?? It has happened before... :twisted:
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."