New Here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

goops

New Here

Post by goops » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:40 am

While doing a web search on the Leptin diet I found this board. I am currenly reading the Leptin book. It seems the diet you are following is similar - I gather from some of the discussion. What kind of sucess have you guys had with it? I am going to read your diet and see how it varies.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi Goops. Sorry I missed this post till now.

From my understanding, when it comes down to what you should actually do, the no s and leptin diets are very similar. The difference is the no s diet doesn't obscure the simplicity and obviousness of this course of behavior with weird references to midichlorians -- sorry, leptins -- and what not.

Assuming you saw this discussion:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=75

Since you're actually reading the book, feel free to jump in and correct our (mis) impressions.

fawnmarie

Post by fawnmarie » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:14 pm

And another nice difference is that our gracious host doesn't blame every single aspect of obesity on a single factor - just because he trademarked it.

;)

Sorry - I read the Mastering Leptin book and as a useful and accurate manual for dietary improvement, it's a load of rubbish. Because this explotive "clinical nutritionist" decided to trademark the name "Leptin Diet", he ascribes every aspect of the problem of obesity to the actions of leptin, whereas anyone with any kind of medical education can see right through his theories. (Much of which he ascribes to the actions of leptin, or leptin resistance are actually more accurately the actions of insulin, growth hormone, ghrelin, etc. - but I guess he didn't get those trademarked.)

The assertions and theories presented in this book are very poorly supported. Either they are unsupportable, or the author didn't bother to do so because he thinks the average layman will swallow it without double-checking his references. Oh - and his references! He lists a myriad of medical studies to support a FEW of his assertions, but in fact the medical studies rarely have very much to do with statement he's trying to support.

Sorry - just my little rant.

Fawn

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Rant on Fawn!!! LOL...
Here's to good old "common sense" and being beautifully simple, versus insultingly over simplistic! Hee...
Yay NOS!!!!
Hi Goops! :wink:
(that reminds me of the stuff you see under the sink at car repair shop bathrooms...)
Love,
8) Deb

goops

Post by goops » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:09 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:Hi Goops! :wink:
(that reminds me of the stuff you see under the sink at car repair shop bathrooms...)
Love,
8) Deb
Thank you for the welcome - LOL - I am afraid goops has been my nickname since I was a little child - which was a few decades ago.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:13 pm

It's very cute... I just happen to have visited so many Gas station bathrooms during my tenure as a car parts delivery girl, before I went back to school and became a massage therapist! (much better job, trust me!)
Goop is the stuff they use to take grease off your skin!
(or wait, maybe it's the grease, I can't remember!)
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:33 am

You were right the first time, Deb. "Goop" is a hand cleaner.