Glass Ceiling and the Traffic Habit Light

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

palomayombe

Glass Ceiling and the Traffic Habit Light

Post by palomayombe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:55 am

I never really measured very precisely. For me, it's kind of like the "one plate" rule of no-s: I could theoretically abuse the rule by pouring enormous glasses, but people would give me funny looks and I'd know myself that I was being a fool. I can't sneak my excess in lots of glasses that no one is counting and that exposure is enough to keep my glasses reasonably moderate.

For a while, in the beginning, I eschewed hard liquor and mixed drinks because they're hard to eyeball like this (a screwdriver with just a splash of vodka looks remarkably like a screwdriver with just a splash of OJ). But now that I've gone about 5 years without getting more than pleasantly tipsy, I permit myself even these. A glass is a glass does the trick for me. Ballpark is good enough.

If you don't think you can pull this off, that you'd start drinking masskrugs of everclear, by all means stick with the DMV definition. I don't know precisely what this is, and I think it varies from country to country, but your numbers below look reasonable.

Also, just to clarify: glass ceiling isn't technically a requirement of no-s. Its purpose is alcohol moderation, not calorie control. But it does complement no-s nicely.

Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:00 am

As for the habit traffic light, I track glassceiling and nosdiet separately. And yes, if I have 3 or more drinks, I give myself a red light for glass ceiling.

http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/view/?o=2&sc=2&t=*

Reinhard