Martha Stewart Tea Tip....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Martha Stewart Tea Tip....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Hi Guys!
I made myself some nice sweet iced English breakfast tea just now... It was pretty good.. Had it with some vanilla soymilk in an attempt to make a ad hoc version of "Thai Tea"....
I was putting the ice in and then remembered a great tip I saw on one of Martha's tv episodes before she went "criminal"! LOL...
When you have a lovely cup of fresh brewed iced tea, you don't want to go and water it down with lots of ice cubes, which then dilute the taste...
Her solution was to make "tea cubes" ahead of time... Then you pour the fresh tea over the frozen tea cubes, which need to be prepped some time beforehand...
I guess you could do the same with iced coffee...
Well enjoy this Summer tip from good ol' do it yerself'er
Martha...
As funny as it is to make silly jokes about her, she does come up with some pretty good stuff sometimes...
Peace and Iced Tea!,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:27 am

You can do the ice cube thing with any kind of liquid, I suppose. I never think that far ahead, though; I'm doing good just to keep the ice water pitcher in the fridge full!

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:04 am

I'll bet you could do this with prune juice!

Peetie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:42 am

Aha!!! Just when I thought all the prune juice was dried up!
Good one prunie Peetie!!!
LOL... :lol:
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:26 pm

Deb,
All prune juice aside, I do think simple pleasures, like a special cup of tea in a special cup, in a special spot are extremely important. I think that's why Martha is so popular....people have a thirst for "nice little things" to savor in a typical, crazed, stressful day.

The more we can give ourselves in kind, nurturing ways, the less we will have a need to "self medicate" with truckloads of unhealthy food.

Philosophical Peetie