Drive Fence Posts

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
reinhard
Site Admin

Drive Fence Posts

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:42 pm

Post any questions/comments/concerns you have about this move here.

Official movement description at:

http://shovelglove.com/movements/drive_fence_posts/

ikuryakin3

Squaring up

Post by ikuryakin3 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 am

I'm wondering how many people have tried doing this movement with feet parallel (rather than offset, as shown in the video). I've found a welcome workout burn in my abdomen by standing with feet apart, but parallel, and striking for a fence post directly out from my navel. However, it does strike me, so to speak, that this increases the back zinger risk--so perhaps not a move for rookies, or perhaps one for a relatively light hammer.
Open Channel D.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:07 am

Hmm. For some reason it just never occurred to me to do it that way. I'll give it a (careful) try tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the tip!