Another convert

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gj

Another convert

Post by gj » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi everybody,

I stumbled over NoS (and Shovelglove) a week after going on my yearly diet + exercise regime. Loosing weight is not that hard for me (I simply eat vegeterian - I don't like it much, so I eat sparingly); but once I am back in my comfort zone, I can't resist those Wiener Schnitzels and the weight creeps back up.

So I'll give this a try. I put fish + lean meat back on the N-day menu, and I'll eat my beloved fruit yogurths on S-days. Oh, and pizza. What is one serving of pizza, btw? Put it on a plate and cut off whatever does not fit? ;-)

Weight loss will be slower, but this might actually be maintainable (by me ... I don't doubt the principle).

I also tried to buy a sledgehammer today, but the small hardware store around the corner did not have any. I'll go to a bigger store later in the week when I am back from a business trip.

The one thing that's troubling me is explaining the sledgehammer to my girlfriend. She'll think I have finally gone around the bend for sure. Oh, she is going to have a field day with this!

Maybe not even a bad thing. I'll have to shovelglove every day, or I'll never live this down.

Urban Ranger does not sound bad either, we have a dog and take it for walks three times a day. I don't have a car either, so I am walking a lot anyway. Maybe I can be the Doggie Park Ranger? :roll:

Regards,
Juergen.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:18 pm

Hi Juergen.. Wilkommen and Viel Gluck!
Peace,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:50 pm

Welcome, Jürgen.

Pizza is tricky... it's so stubbornly horizontal. But maybe that's good. If you wind up stacking vertically, at least it's really clear how much you're eating, you can't deceive yourself. The pressure of that obviousness is a great way to put a brake on consumption without draconian prohibitions.

It took my wife a while to get used to the sledgehammer, too... stick with it and she'll go from thinking it's crazy to boring soon enough.

I'm going to be in Germany visiting my relatives for a long weekend during the summer. Very much looking forward to those Schnitzels...

Reinhard

Kevin

laugh along

Post by Kevin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 pm

Jürgen, while your girlfriend is laughing, laugh along with her. That's just more great exercise. SG does look idiotic, but it feels good.

My wife doesn't laugh anymore - she knows I'm a whack job and loves me for it (at least, I think she loves me for it...).

She's also happy that I'm exercising for free, and able to do yard work like a big dog now.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gj

Post by gj » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I got me a 5gk sledgehammer today (~ 11 pounds, I think - they did not have any other weights) and did my first (slow) 14 minutes. We'll see how sore I'll get.

The big store's tool department was sold out of sledgehammers, btw. Luckily, they had 3 left in the department where they sell mortar and stuff (I don't know the english name).

Shovelglove seems to be pretty big in Austria ;-)

My girlfriend was not weirded out at all, btw. Funny that when you prepare yourself for an argument, it does not happen.