My first shovelglove related injury...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Mr_B

My first shovelglove related injury...

Post by Mr_B » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:48 am

Swinging back a little too vigourously I caught my little finger between the end of the hammer handle and the edge of a shelf. Ouch.

Colour me stupid...

;)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Sounds painful, but I'm very relieved that no one has reported anything more serious than this yet.

I think swinging a sledgehammer around is so obviously dangerous that it forces people to be careful.

Attention lurkers: if swinging around a sledgehammer doesn't seem obviously dangerous to you, please read the red disclaimers on the shovelglove.com home page a few more times -- better yet, just stop. Shovelglove isn't for everyone. A modicum of common sense is required.

Reinhard

WinstonWolf

Post by WinstonWolf » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:55 pm

So far, I whacked my calf once doing a one-handed T-swing (and getting careless). Hurt like hell for a few days, then it stopped. Was hard to walk on for a couple days, but ice and rest and laying off exercise worked fine. Thankfully, I have thick calves.

I'm quite a bit more careful now... particularly since I did move it indoors (I freaking hate cold weather) and often don't wear shoes while doing it.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:04 pm

You really are courting disaster not wearing shoes. Of course, I sometimes forget, too... but think of those pink little piggies...
WinstonWolf wrote:So far, I whacked my calf once doing a one-handed T-swing (and getting careless). Hurt like hell for a few days, then it stopped. Was hard to walk on for a couple days, but ice and rest and laying off exercise worked fine. Thankfully, I have thick calves.

I'm quite a bit more careful now... particularly since I did move it indoors (I freaking hate cold weather) and often don't wear shoes while doing it.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."