Corey's log

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

corey

Corey's log

Post by corey » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 pm

Ok, well since I didn't find this till today I will start it at the end of my first week with my awesome " success!" So now I am going into my first S day, hum, I am a funeral director and one of my families gave me a box of see's chocolates yesterday and I have smelled them all day long yesterday and today but have been able to resist the temptation! So tomorrow I will fulfill my love affair with my chocolate and have 2 pieces, one because I want one, and 2 because I have to work on Saturday. I dare not take them home. The savages there would eat them all! Better for me if took them home, however I would not want to expose my loving family to evils that lurk within the sinister candies. I may have a soda since I am still craving Mt. Dew but I think only one over the weekend. I am really going to try to not overdue it and just kinda eat normally. So for my first week I give myself a great big SUCSESS!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:33 pm

Hey Corey! Welcome to the group :D
A funeral director eh???
Your chocolates will definitely be much safer at work as I'm pretty sure none of you clients will be stealing them when you are not looking (unlike the home savages! LOL...)
Glad you had a successful day... Tricky devil, starting NoS on a Friday! LOL... :wink:
Good luck!
*(Rest in) Peace,
8) Deb

*sorry I just couldn't resist!

corey

Post by corey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Thanks Deb, I feel my chocolets will be safe too there, except on S days. I started the NoSdiet on Tuesday, so 4 days I feel is an ok start. next week will be the full test, but these last 4 days have not been hard to resist the snacking, sweets and seconds, so I feel the next week will be just as easy. Thanks for welcoming me and I'll be posting here often.

peetie

Post by peetie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:29 pm

Corey - Do you watch Six Feet Under? Sorry, I just HAD to ask!

Peetie

corey

Post by corey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:02 pm

I use to watch it, but it is too unrealistic and focuses on the personality of the characters instead of the busniess. I liked the first season, family plots on A&E is good, and I know the people on the show. All wierd morticians, just like me. =)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:52 pm

Hi Corey, welcome to the group! Here's hoping you enjoy the message board, and find much success with the No-S Diet. Enjoy your S-days!

peetie

Post by peetie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Corey - How is it unrealistic? It seems so dark and gritty, I thought that is WAS realistic. I'm crushed!!!!

Peetie

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:16 pm

Don't worry, Corey -- I'm a lawyer, and we get more theme shows than anybody. And, yes, the business end of the show is unwatchable if you know the real legal rules. As for the personalities, however, many of the stereotypes are true :roll:
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

corey

Post by corey » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:18 am

To be honest it's really more just paperwork, phonecalls and driving all the time, who has time to have a personal life while being a mortician, maybe in a small town or something but so many people die each day it keeps us on our toes. No time for the drama the goes on in that show.
My S days were ok, I did go to the movies and had popcorn and a soda then I went to a kid's birthday party and had some cake, Oh! the frosting!! How I love frosting. then we had fishtacos for dinner which was pretty healthy, I don't feel I went too overboard for my first weekend. I did find that today was my hardest day by far, maybe because of all the sugar that cake had, but I have been able to only drink water and my 3 meals today and my 15 minutes of exersice! YAY FOR ME!!! GO COREY! GO COREY! Sorry I had to do my victory dance ya know? Talk to everyone tomorrow, gonna go to bed before I want a midnight snack!
I started this diet because I see the result of overeating everyday, it's an epidemic, I have been infected, and this is the antidote.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:52 pm

Nice dancing Corey!
Keep it up. :D
Love,
8) Deb