To Reinhard about Amazon Shopping

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

To Reinhard about Amazon Shopping

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:23 am

I buy a LOT of stuff from Amazon. They used to send me little presents at Christmas, they were so grateful for my business. How exactly do I make my purchases so they benefit you? I would be most happy to do this, my way of giving back a little for the benefit I am deriving from No-S and Shovelglove.

[edit: I made this a sticky topic so we'll all help Reinhard a bit more and because I got tired of digging around for the amazon url. -Justin ]

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:31 pm

Thank you, Jan! Just click the amazon link at the top of any of the sites and shop. You don't pay anything extra and I get a little cut.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redir ... aysyste-20

I'm not sure if there's a statute of limitations regarding how long stuff sits in your shopping cart and how it handles existing stuff in your shopping cart. I do know that if you cllick this link, put stuff in your cart, and buy the same day I get my cut.
Last edited by reinhard on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Bottom link doesn't work for me since I am not an amazon associate.

Top link: where do I click on this page?

I buy with 1-click shopping, no shopping cart, so the time will be fine.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:29 pm

Hi Jan,

My associate id is encoded in the above url, so they'll tag you with a cookie as having been referred by me. Anything you put in your shopping cart or 1 click from there should give me my cut then, I think.

I've edited out the bottom link you mentioned only seems to work for associates.

Thanks again! I know it's a little extra pain to remember to do vs. just going to amazon.com, and I appreciate it.

Reinhard

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks. What are you doing around here on a Sunday? I thought you were a weekend Luddite?

You will definitely get my Amazon business from now on.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:12 pm

I think Reinhard's business hours of ludditing are between breakfast and dinner... :lol:

Wish I could stick to my ludditing promises during those hours! I guess I am weak! LOL..

Have a nice one Jan! Here's a book I recommend... It's called "Mutant Message Down Under"...
One of my favorites, though admittedly, very light...
I bet you could find a bunch of crock pot (no I didn't say crack pot!) cookbooks! :lol:

Maybe one day when I finally get an expensive massage table or my next car, I'll buy it through EDS! LOL...
But at the moment I had to cut up all my credit cards, so not sure how I could shop for anything online these days... :roll:
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:10 pm

Hey Rein,
One more idea for you to think about... I am sure no one here would ever accuse you of wild dreams of avarice, if you only put the links to Amazon in a larger and bolder font, and perhaps even colored it in and underlined it... We know you're a classy dude, but this is about visibility....
I mean after all, you're not bumping up the price of anything, and you do deserve a little trickle down action here! You may even want to include the words in your link, "At no extra cost to you", as well.

Right now your link looks like

NOS/EDS/Shovelglove General Discussion...Etc....

Join now!, (and then in little teeny unobtrusive writing)

Support this site.. Buy through Amazon link

Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little, since you don't use big bold writing like I did, but I was just trying to make a point here...

Even at the top of the page, it doesn't really catch your eye...
Okay, just wanted to let you know my thoughts and hope it helps...
Don't mean to nag.. I just know you man.. You are shy!!! :lol: There's no place for that in sales... And you really really really deserve support!
You've been there for thousands of people... And, now that you have a little group of (albeit non-clinical!) trial NoS'ers around the world, for three years already... You're out of the "guinea pig" practice stage.. You have many examples that NoS works, so you should have absolutely no qualms about promoting yourself with that link......

With Love and great respect!
8) Deb

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:30 pm

I second what Deb said. Your Amazon link could be a lot more noticeable without being obnoxious. I'm going to try very hard to remember to use it for all Amazon purchases from now on.

Justin

Post by Justin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:42 pm

I made this topic sticky for two reasons:

- first, figure out how to make topics sticky
- to make the amazon link a bit more prominent for those of us that use it

Does anyone object?

-Justin

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:56 pm

No worries mate! It's alright with me...

Justin, so you are a computer programmer, soon to be organic famer eh?
Cool....
Keep in mind that you are a pretty cute farmer, so if it doesn't pan out, maybe consider a career in acting or modelling! LOL... :wink:

Peace, and Love and continued hopes for the prosperity of EDS...
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:50 pm

No sticky points of objection from me. Though there are some who wouldn't mind if you used your sticky fingers to make the "21 Day Club" thread in the check-in discussion as a sticky topic, too.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:50 am

Thanks Justin for showing me how to make topics sticky. I think I'm going to unstick this one for now just because (Deb's marketing advice notwithstanding) I feel a little funny about being so in your face about asking for money.

Navin, that's a good idea, I will make the daily check in and 21 day club check-ins sticky.

Jan, weekend luddite is going strong. Remember I'm allowed on the net before breakfast and after dinner.

Justin

Post by Justin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:22 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Deb. :D

Reinhard, I understand that you're a bit shy about money issues; but, I think it might be helpful for people to know how they can help. Maybe we can start a "how can I help keep the No S Diet site up" thread that will be sticky. People can post their thoughts.

J

Kevin

sticky Amazon reminder

Post by Kevin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:17 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind it being sticky. That's hardly pushy, Reinhard. You're going way beyond the call just investing your time in this site.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."